Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, January 5, 2017

STM Cross Country

I'm still not sure how it happened but this year I had the privilege of coaching the middle school cross country team at St. Thomas More.  I was asked if I would be willing to help and somehow that turned into me being one of two parent coaches.  And since I never ran cross country in high school this was just as much a learning experience for me as it was for our team.  We only had about 5 returning runners and the rest were all newbies.  
I had such wonderful support from all the parents that they really helped to make my job easier.  So all I had to do was teach the kids how to enjoy running and how to stick with it and keep them accountable.  I really had so much with them!  

ready for our first meet
my assistant passing out snacks after a meet
no school this day so these 3 met me at the gym for a treadmill workout
ready for the boys race
S crashing pre meet pep talk 
our eighth graders
waiting for the gun
at Championships
It was a fast two and a half months and I was sad to see it end.  I'm hoping to get the opportunity to coach again next year.  Our team went from being the lowest ranked in our conference to being in the middle.  That's pretty impressive for such a young team and for it being my first year.  I can't wait to see what we can do next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment