Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Savannah turns Seven!

Seven?! How can she possibly be seven?!  Where did this last year go? It seemed like a blur of school functions and after school activities and then it was summer and camps and now it's fall and she's turning seven.  She's a kid now.  Not quite a big kid but not a little kid either.  She's right in the middle which is kinda a tricky age.  She thinks she's big enough for sleepovers but I know emotionally she's not there yet.  And I know that I often tell her to stop acting like a baby and be the big kid which then makes me sad as soon as I say it.  As much as I get annoyed when she tears up at school because I have to leave after volunteering, I smile inside.  She does still need me and she does still want me around.  There won't be many more days like this.  One day she will be embarrassed of me and not want to be seen with me.  I really need to savor the days while I still have them.  It all passes so quickly.
Savannah's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year so unfortunately she spent most of the day at school.  She did wake up really early so that she could open her presents before heading out.  Then Walker and I had lunch duty that day so we were able to eat lunch with her and her class.  Her party was held on the following Friday which was a school holiday.  It was a slumber party without the slumber part.  The girls all came in their pajamas and we had pizza and cake, watched a movie with popcorn, roasted marshmallows for smores, busted a piñata, and sent them each home in time for bed.  It was my most unorganized, loosely planned party yet and it was so much fun.

birthday morning before the sun rise
heading to school
lunch with the birthday girl
birthday cake after dinner
party time
Special milestones since last year: 
~she started first grade which means she is reading books on her own, has homework most every night, has spelling tests, and is solving math problems.  I really am amazed at what they learn in first grade now.  She is a perfectionist and a teacher's pet.  She is a stickler for routine and she wants to make sure that everyone else is following the rules.  Her teachers love her despite her bossy attitude towards her table mates.  
~she is back in speech therapy.  She had a few sessions with Ms. Ann and then switched to a lady who comes to her school and pulls her out of class weekly for 40 minute sessions.  She really is improving especially with her "w" and "r" sounds.  
~she still isn't an adventurous eater.  She eats pretty much the same things that she ate this time last year.  
~she is participating in the junior golf program at the country club and she loves it.  She is the youngest player and the only girl in her division.  I am so proud of her for sticking with this and she's actually really good.  
~she still participates in tennis even though she would rather not.  I would hate for her to give it up since she has such skill.  The coaches keep trying to convince her to join the junior league so she can play in matches but she doesn't want people to watch her.  
~she participates in rhythmic gymnastics and lego club at school.  She is the only girl in lego club and as much as I like her participating in it and learning new skills, I don't think she will want to reenroll after Christmas break.  I know she enjoys gymnastics when she's there but at home she's constantly wanting to quit even though 2 of her best friends are in it as well.  
~she is a second year Daisy scout which just means this is her final year before Brownies.  Meetings are going much smoother this year and the girls seem to pay better attention when I'm talking.  All except Savannah.  Maybe it's just because I'm the leader so she thinks she doesn't have to follow the rules.  I often leave meetings furious with her but happy with all 17 other girls.  
~she still has quite the fiery personality which leads to her getting into a lot of trouble at home.  Her and Walker fight constantly over any and everything.  
All About 7 Year-Old Savannah
1. Favorite color: pink and purple
2. Favorite song: any KidsBop song
3. Favorite toy: roller skates
4. Favorite food: spaghetti and meatballs
5. Favorite drink: chocolate milk
6. Best friends: Emerson, Grace, Lila, and Evia
7. Favorite game: CandyLand
8. Favorite book: Fairy Magic series
9. Favorite place to visit: Texas
10. Favorite place to eat out: Jason's Deli
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?: a mom
12. Favorite Holiday: her Birthday
13. Favorite dress up costume: Disney's Elina of Avalor
14. Favorite movie: Trolls
15. Favorite tv show: Sofia the First 

Height: 47 inches 
Weight: 57 lbs
Clothing size: 7
Shoe size: 13

Happy Birthday to my sweet, sassy, and spunky Savannah!  Your laugh can brighten my darkest days and nothing makes me happier than seeing your smile.  Everyday you're becoming more like the person you're going to be and I'm so excited to watch you accomplish amazing things in life.  Love you to pieces, sweet girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment