Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, November 15, 2010

Savannah turns ONE!!!!

The day I had been secretly dreading for the past year finally arrived and I made it through while only shedding a couple tears.  My sweet baby girl turned 1 year old on November 8th, and she has grown into a vibrant, sassy, sweet toddler.  Her birthday party has held on the Saturday following her real birthday so we had a trial run of opening a few presents and tasting some birthday cake on Monday.
It's the birthday girl!
"Check me out! I'm walking!"
"I'm coming to get you!"
"Is it cake time yet?"
Bring on the presents
Daddy gave her diamond earrings
She didn't seem too impressed with money.
toys are always a favorite gift
she loved ripping the paper off
her new favorite bath toy
"hmmmm, what's in here?"
"IT'S GYMBO!! I LOVE HIM!!"
she was captivated by the candle
"icky!"
"Mom, do I have to eat it? I don't think I like it."
We've been getting a lot of packages lately and I'm starting to wonder why I spend so much money on Savannah's many toys when obviously her new favorite thing is..............a cardboard box!
"This is a great birthday present!"
The first official mark on the growth chart--29 1/2 inches!
She had to make a few calls to tell everyone how big she is now.
Savannah is now old enough to play in the mall play area.  She had such a fun time walking and playing around the big kids.



At 1 year old, Savannah's new developments are:
~WALKING!!  She has the cutest wobble walk and she totally prefers walking over crawling now.
~saying "mama".  I don't think she is always referring to me but it still made me happy that she said it before "dada" :)
~favorite foods are peas, peanut butter, grapes, yogurt, ice cream, mac and cheese, cereal with milk, oatmeal, corn dogs, and bread.
~She went cold turkey and weaned herself off of nursing on Halloween night.  She never put up a fight and never turned back.  
~She is going through the terrible 2's a year early!  She now will throw a temper tantrum and drop to the floor while yelling/screaming.  She is definitely her Uncle Michael made over (ugh!!).  
~She is still biting but usually I'm the only one she goes to for that.  She has also started hitting but once again she goes to me.  
~I believe her molars have started to come in because the past couple of days have been brutal.  She has been one cranky little girl.  

Savannah's stats at 1 year:
Height: 29 1/2 inches (70th %)
Weight: 22 lbs and 7 oz (70th %)
Head Cir: 46 cm
Prissy girl attitude: 10 out of 10!!!!  

What an amazing year it has been!  I can't even begin to describe the overwhelming feelings that I've experienced since being a mother.  I have never been more proud of anything in my life as I am of Savannah Grace.  She is by far my greatest accomplishment and everyday she shows me just how lucky I am to be her mother.  As much as I dreaded my baby turning one, I am as equally excited to watch her grow in the upcoming years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment