Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Last Baby Month

**tear*sniff*sniff**  I can't believe it's almost here--in just 27 short days our sweet Savannah will be turning one year old!  Where has this past year gone?!  It's with mixed emotions that I am planning her first birthday party.  I'm excited to celebrate such a joyous year but I'm also so sad that my baby girl will soon no longer be a baby.  Why can't she just stay little forever?!
My Sweet Savannah Grace at 11 months old

On a happier note, let me document all that Savannah has learned and experienced the past month.

~She is finally SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!  She goes down between 7:30 and 8 pm and sleeps until about 6:15 am---woohoo!!  On the other hand, her napping has gotten worse.  She thinks that since she sleeps all night that she doesn't need her one nap anymore---so not the case!!!
~Her current favorite foods are english peas, corn dogs, Horizon vanilla flavored milk, chicken with sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, yogurt, and various turkey hambuger helpers (yes, I admit that at times I take the easy road and don't prepare a completely home cooked meal).
~Some new favorite activities:
She loves to "help" Mama clean--swiffer, dustbuster, vaccuum,  etc
Riding her new 3-phase tricycle. Her favorite part is the attached cell phone.
She loves to talk on all real and play phones and also anything that we pretend is a phone.
~She has learned how to correctly stack her blocks and cups, and she is also learning how to fit various shapes through their correct openings.  She also loves to put lids on everything.
~As far as talking goes---I think I've heard her say "mama" twice now but I'm not convinced that she's for real.
~She got fitted for her first real pair of shoes at Stride-Rite.  I can't say that she really likes them but at least they help to keep her from always pulling her socks off.  
~She likes to bring me my shoes and help me put them on.  Hopefully one day she'll also enjoy putting on her own shoes instead of fighting me while I put them on her.  
~She is able to stand on her own and take a couple of steps but then she remembers that she can crawl so she's not really focused on walking just yet.  And that's fine with me cause I'm not ready to have to run after her :)
~She has developed some big girl eating habits.  Now we just need to work on her table manners.
She thinks she is a big girl and can feed herself with a fork and spoon.
She also thinks her mouth can hold much more than it really can.
She loves to drink out of a straw.
 ~She has officially outgrown her infant car seat to the point where she could no longer comfortably ride in it.  Just don't tell the DMV that I switched her seat a month early.
She loves her new seat and the attached cup holder.
~Her stubbornness appears to increase with age.
Climbing out of her stroller.
Temper tantrums while changing her clothes.
~She's not a big fan of dirt, grass, or rocks.  I've tried to take pictures of her outside and she kinda freaks out about being put on the ground.
"Ewwwwww, it's dirty over here!"

And because no posting ever has enough pictures, I've included a few random ones.

This is one of my new favorite pics---soooo sweet!


Age: 11 months and 5 days
Weight: somewhere between 23 and 25 pounds
Height: roughly 29.5 inches
Attitude: 10 out of 10 (not sure how she could possibly get more bossy/sassy/diva-like)

So my goal for the next 27 days, other than planning her party, is to really live in the moment and enjoy each and every "baby" minute.  It seems that in the blink of an eye she went from a beautiful, precious newborn to an energetic, prissy little toddler princess.  **tear, sniff, sniff**


1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe she's almost one, either. Not to make you more sad, but before you know it you will turn around and she's 4 years old and off to Pre-K. :( Enjoy every moment... or most of them. ;) She is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete