Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Isle of Palms Vacation

We just returned from hopefully our first of many family trips to Isle of Palms.  It was partly an anniversary trip and partly a family vacation.  Oscar and I got married in Charleston and since it's now driving distance from our house, we thought it would be the perfect place to take Savannah for her first trip to the beach and our first anniversary.  We stayed at Wild Dunes which was absolutely fabulous!  It had been 10 years since I had last stayed at that resort and I was amazed as to how much it has changed.  I LOVE a good 'ol southern resort.  Seriously, no one does hospitality quite like southerners.  It sure is good to be back down here.
Our first morning--Savannah is ready to start the day!

No being lazy on vacation; however, check out my sleeping trainer.

Off to the beach for the first time.
Here we go!
Hmmm, I don't know about this.
Not so sure about the sandy bottom.
It's so much better with Mom closer to me.
Icky salt water in her face!
Dad, I don't like it splashing in my face!
This stinks! Only babies are in floats and I'm a big girl!
Thanks Mom! This is so much better!


She's the center of attention at Oak Steakhouse.
Looking out the window with Aunt Lauren.

Getting ready to ride bikes
She's ready to go!

She wasn't too sure what to do with the sand toys, so of course they went in her mouth.
Hmmmm, I wonder what this tastes like.
She's such a bathing beauty!
She's much more of a pool girl.
So happy Aunt Lauren stopped by to play.

Of course Oscar had to get some golf in.

Here are some pics of the grounds.
View from our balcony






Ocean side view of the pavilion.
I just love the dunes!


We also met with our old wedding photographers on Sunday and had our first professional family photo shoot.  Savannah did great despite all the wardrobe changes.  I can't wait to see the proofs so I'll be sure to post some as soon as I sort through them all.  
We had such a wonderful relaxing vacation! I already can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment