Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, June 12, 2010

7 Months Already?!

Okay, seriously where is the time going?!  I feel like I just did the 6 month update and now we're already at 7 months.  My sweet girl is growing so fast and I just want to freeze time so I can enjoy this age a little longer.
Savannah on her 7 month birthday

Today I went to get a shadow box made with her coming home from the hospital outfit.  Looking at it now it seems so small.  It's hard to believe she ever fit in it at all.  I guess that's why she was only able to wear it once because she outgrew it within a couple of weeks.  It seems like only yesterday we were bringing her home to Brooklyn wearing that cute pink teddy bear suit.  

Here are some of the things Savannah has been doing the past month:
~she creeps around on the floor like an army man. She can pretty much get to anything she wants this way. I think it's time to baby-proof the house.
~she can get on all fours but hasn't quite figured out how to move forward--backwards yes but not forwards.
~she is learning about object permanence--she knows where to look when an object is hidden or dropped and she tries to retrieve it.
~she is using both of her hands to pick up and grab large objects. 
~she is very efficient with her sippy cup now and understands that it is for drinking water.
~she remembers certain things about certain toys.  For example, she knows which bath toys squeak and she knows which ones blow air when squeezed. She loves to put the blow hole of the whale in her mouth so when she bites down it blows air in her mouth.
~now she enjoys sitting in her swing.  Too bad she's too big for it now.
She's so ladylike.

~she is loving her music class because she gets to play with different instruments: drums, maracas, cymbals, tambourines.  Gym class doesn't thrill her as much and we start swim lessons this week so more updates on that later.   
~she loves eating green veggies, especially peas and dill pickles (not together of course).
~some of her new favorite toys are Mommy's kitchen tools--measuring cups, spoons, spatulas, etc. 

~she loves listening to her lullabies at night and, coincidentally, since we've started using them she has only woken up once each night (knock on wood). 
~she is developing quite a suntan despite my best efforts with the sunscreen. 
I think she's darker than me!

~it looks like her hair is growing but I think it's just getting darker.  Maybe she'll have hair before her first birthday, who knows.  
~she is enjoying the company of other babies much more now.  She babbles with them and tries to touch them.
~she is still quite the babbler--unfortunately no Mamma or Dadda yet.   
~still no teeth.
~she is finally able to sit in the floor and play by herself.  I went on a huge toy shopping spree and now she loves to play with them.  She'll actually sit alone (as long as I'm out of sight) and play for about 15-20 minutes.  
~she has pretty much outgrown her exersaucer and has now moved on to a walker.  She's still trying to figure out how to walk straight while in it.  
Look at that determination.

~she loves to pretend to drive the golf cart (when she's not eating the steering wheel of course).
Watch out world! Savannah's at the wheel!
Her attempt at keeping score.

Since we don't go back to the doctor until 9 months here are her unofficial stats for this month:
         Age: 7 months 4 days
         Weight: 21 lbs 10 oz
         Height: 27 inches

I know I say this every month but she really is the best little baby I've ever been around.  She is so easy going and just generally a happy girl.  She smiles at everything and everyone.  I love when I'm holding her and someone else walks up and starts talking to her and she busts out in huge smile and then acts all bashful by hiding her face in my neck.  I already dread the day that she's too big to snuggle up on me.  She's such a good little snuggle bunny.
My beautiful girl!
    

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the walker!!! I just saw the otther day your question about ours...and to be honest, I'm not sure the brand...just that it says sesame street on it?? I love the swing pic, priceless!! I'm really hoping we can get these two together soon! We need to swap schedules! xoxo

    ReplyDelete