Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fabulous Fall Days

Fall really is my favorite season.  I love waking up to brisk mornings.  I love the smell of fires.  I love hearing leaves crackle under my feet while out running.  I love watching the trees change from green to yellow to orange to red.  And of course I love all things pumpkin!  So of course we did our yearly treks to the local pumpkin patches and farms.  First up was the pumpkin train ride at the Museum of Life and Science.  I was especially looking forward to going this year because of Walker's new train obsession.  I couldn't wait to see his little face light up upon hearing that train whistle.  Savannah couldn't wait to pick out the biggest pumpkin; unfortunately, this patch only has the little baby pumpkins.  She must have won over one of the employees because after she had settled on the biggest baby pumpkin she could find, the lady managed to find a regular medium pumpkin in one of the crates to give to Savannah.  Of course she was beyond thrilled!  After decorating our pumpkins with stickers and sling-shotting some gourds, we rode the train back to the museum and headed home before nap time. 
W couldn't decide which "pum pum" he wanted.
he loved this "choo choo"
This same Saturday, Harlan flew in to spend several days with us and Michael and Rachel drove up to stay the night.  This was the first time that I was with both my brothers at the same time in almost 4 years!  It's amazing how quickly the years fly by and it's unfortunate that we can't all be together more often.  
love these boys!
On Sunday Oscar and I ran the Bull City race---him the 5-miler and me the half marathon.  We both ran PRs.  He finished in under 35 minutes (sub 7 minute pace) and I finished in 1:35:21 (7:16 pace).  
After returning home and a quick shower, we all headed to Hill Ridge Farm.  We had so much fun riding the train, hayride, and ponies.  Walker jumped in the bouncy house and Savannah played on the bouncy pillow.  Everyone was able to pick out their own pumpkin---Savannah went with the biggest she could pick up and Walker choose a small orange and green one.   
first time on a pony....he loved it!
She's a pro at this point
all aboard for the train ride
bouncing away on the pillow
searching for the perfect pumpkin

The following Tuesday I had volunteered to go with Savannah's class on a field trip to another farm.  Since Harlan was still with us he decided to come along, too.  The kids played in several inflatables, rode a hayride, had snacks, fed goats, and went through a corn maze.    
feeding the goats
me and my girl
milking a pretend cow
S with the 2 classmates that rode along with us
on the hayride
The next weekend was the fall festival at the country club.  We were determined to not miss it this year so we arrived just after noon and it was already crazy packed.  We had been at a birthday party prior so I knew Walker would be able to stay long before he was ready for a nap.  The highlight for him was a trackless train that drove through the parking lot.  I think we may have ridden it at least five times.  For a week after this every time we went to the club he would say "choo choo".  Savannah had a blast on all the inflatables and the mechanical bull.  The temperature reached the high 70s that day so it didn't feel much like fall but a great time was still had by all.
me and my little man on the hayride 
S on one of the many inflatables
getting ready for the second ride on the train
she smiled the whole time and never fell off

The following week was filled with all things Halloween but I'll save that for the next post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment