Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Walker's First Half Birthday

I can't believe it!!!  My little man is six months old!  Where have the past six months gone!?  It's really not fair how the older I get, the quicker time slips away from me. One minute I had a small, delicate newborn and the next minute I have a chunky, mini linebacker.  It's like someone is playing a cruel joke on me by robbing me of my favorite baby year. Oh well........on with the update.

Walker's 6 month milestones and developments:
~he is putting any and everything into his mouth and not just to chew on it. I really think he is wanting to eat everything. 
~he lunges and grabs for anything within reach. He's at the stage where everything interests him and he wants to touch, feel, smell, and taste it all. 
~his core is becoming much stronger and he is able to sit upright on his own for a short while. 
~he had his first baby biscuit and unlike most babies who simply gnaw on it until is dissolves in their mouth, Walker chewed his to pieces and almost choked on it. He really has the strongest gums of any 6 month old I've seen. 
~he is able to roll from his belly to his back but he hasn't quite figured out the other way.  It must take a lot of strength to move that big belly :)
~he really likes to stand on his feet.  When I pull him from laying down instead of sitting, he keeps his legs stiff and goes straight to standing.  He loves to be in his walker and exersaucer. 
~he is loving his snacks and we've even started having them twice a day.  I normally mix milk with baby oatmeal and either bananas, applesauce, pears, peaches, mango, kiwi, or strawberries.  So far he seems to like it all.  We also started eating yogurt this morning and after he got over the initial shock of it being cold, he really gobbled it up.
~he LOVES his big sister!  He is constantly in awe of her and he'll watch her all day......at least until she starts to smother him.  Savannah does a great job of playing with him in his crib if he wakes up from his morning nap while I'm still on the treadmill.  Amazingly, she has been able to entertain him for up to 10 minutes on some mornings.
~he still isn't the biggest fan of the gym stay-and-play but he is great with a babysitter and with the church nursery ladies.  
~he has started giving me big open-mounthed kisses.....my favorite kind :)
poolside napping
such a happy boy
trying out his first cookie/biscuit
tummy time

Six month doctor visit stats:
Date--6/25/13
Age--6 months 5 days
Weight-- 24 lbs 10.5 oz (off the charts)
Height-- 28 inches (90th percentile)
Head circumference-- 46.4 cm (95th percentile)
****interesting fact: Walker is bigger in every category right now than Savannah was at one year old. YIKES!!!!!!
preview from his 6th month photo session
I sure do love this little man!!!  He is the sweetest, most cuddly, absolutely delicious baby boy!  We are beyond lucky to have him in our family.  I can't wait to see what the next month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment