Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend at Surf City

This year we broke tradition and instead of our annual trip to Wild Dunes, we tried out the North Carolina beach at Surf City.  We rented a house right on the beach from Friday to Monday.  It wasn't quite as luxurious but it was still very relaxing.  Well, I mean, as relaxing as it can get when vacationing with a 3 and half year old and a 5 month old.  Uncle Michael and Rachel were able to join us as well so we were one big happy family.  
I have to admit, as much as I LOVE hotel living, it was kinda nice to not have to worry about getting dressed by any certain time to go out for lunch and dinner.  We ate out at a local beach shack on Friday but for all the other meals we stayed in and either I cooked, we grilled out, or we picked up take-out.  In fact, Savannah only changed out of her pajamas to put her swimsuit on and then afterwards put her jammies right back on.  Needless to say, we WAY overpacked.  Note to self for next year.  
view from our balcony
waking up bright and early
so excited to be at the beach
Little Man's fun zone
surfing Savannah style
taking a break to cool off
he wasn't a big fan of the bright sun and wind
frisbee time with Michael
digging for treasure
he loved putting his feet in the sand
love for brother
Savannah doing tricks in the sand
happy boy
building castles with Michael and Rach
getting buried
like mother like daughter
love these two!
"it's been a long day"
short sun break during Little Man's nap
my loves!
I hate to say it but I think this beach house is going to replace our yearly trip to Wild Dunes.  I am soooo going to miss Charleston but the closeness and easy-going atmosphere of this place is just a better fit for our family at this point in time.  I'm sure we'll make it back to good 'ol IOP but until then I'll enjoy the 2 hour drive to our "second" home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment