Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oscar's 70.3 Ironman

After months and months of training, Oscar's big day finally arrived on Sunday June 2 in Raleigh.  Grams even flew in and Michael drove up to witness the big event.  We all stayed overnight on Saturday in Raleigh and our hotel was right in front of the finish line so we couldn't miss it.  
We attempted to see him at his second transition but we missed him because he was the only runner to run in the opposite direction.  That meant instead of him running right toward us, he ran further away from us and we missed out on getting to cheer him on.  After this failed attempt we were determined to not miss him at the finish.  We all camped out for about 2 hours and I managed to wiggle my way next to the blockade.  I had a front row spot and my camera ready.  Finally I saw him coming down the stretch.  I set my camera up and right as I hit the button, the girl beside me threw her arms up an blocked my shot.  I couldn't believe it!!!  After all that time I missed getting a picture of him.  Thank goodness the event has good photographers that managed to capture him all along the race.
coming out of the lake and heading to T1
coming upon the finish line
HE DID IT!!!
the happy spectators
Savannah's self shot
his blue shoe and the girl beside me who thew her arm up....arg!!!!!
there goes his other blue shoe
Daddy's cheerleaders
our future triathlete
We were all soooo proud of Daddy!!  All his hard work and hours of training paid off and he finished in 5:45----15 minutes better than he expected.  Now he thinks he's ready for the full ironman so to Houston we go in May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment