Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Introducing our little man!!!

On Monday, December 17th Grams arrived to begin her 3 week stay with us.  She arrived just in time, too, since I began to feel contractions around 11:00 pm that night.  Around 2:30 am I awoke to rather painful contractions about 5 minutes apart.  With Savannah my water broke during the night so I never had to bother with timing contractions or even dealing with any significant pain in the beginning.  This time everything was totally different.  I guess I should have expected that since this whole pregnancy has been totally different from my first.  Anyways, after about an hour I woke Oscar up.  Of course he jumps up and is wanting to call the doctor immediately but I just wanted to lay in bed a little longer and see if the contractions sped up or increased in pain.  After a soak in the tub and a little more packing we woke up Grams and headed to the hospital.  At this point I was very uncomfortable and the contractions were coming about 3 minutes apart.  I was admitted around 5:00 am and then waited very impatiently for the epidural.  By the time I finally got it, my contractions were about a minute apart.  Yes, Oscar and I were both getting a little nervous that I may not make it in time to get the drugs.  Thankfully I did and then it was smooth sailing.  Within about 30 minutes, our little man, Walker Evan, made his debut at 7:28 am on Tuesday, December 18th.  
the before pic
the after pic
8 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long
it's love at first sight
such a sweet face
Oscar left around 10 am to go home and pick up Grams and Savannah.  All three of them stayed with me and Walker until after 6:00 that day and they all came back Wednesday morning to spend the next day with us.  Thankfully we were all able to go home together after only one night in the hospital.
Savannah opening her big sister gift from Walker
checking out her baby brother for the first time
"I touched him with my finger!!"
my and my babies
she loves him already
this is how she spent those 2 days
she loves to hold him
Grams and Walker
daddy and his son
me and my boys
LOVE!
he's perfect!
getting dressed to go home
so long hospital
brother and sister
can they be any cuter?!
Walker has been such an easy going, laid back baby.  He loves to cuddle and he rarely cries.  We've only had one hiccup along the way and that was a little difficulty in nursing but by the end of the first week he was back up to his birth weight and we've been doing fine since.  And Savannah absolutely adores him.  
I really am one lucky lady.  I have two beautiful and healthy children that I could not love more and a supportive husband that has been dealing with a hot mess for the past 10 months.  Here's hoping for easier months ahead.      



No comments:

Post a Comment