Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Festivities

It's the most wonderful time of the year and I always try to plan several festive activities throughout the season.  This year because of my impending due date I had to try to plan all things in the first half of the month.  Luckily we were able to fit everything in before the arrival of the little man.  

First off, Savannah and I attended the Sugar Plum Fairy Tea Party at the Carolina Inn on December 9th.  This was instead of the Teddy Bear Tea Party we attended last year.  Although I was somewhat disappointed in the presentation and execution of this years party, Savannah still appeared to have a fun afternoon.  We enjoyed watching the ballerinas dance while munching on tiny cookies.  
enjoying a mouthful of Hershey kisses
watching the dancers
showing off her Claira nutcracker 
me and my girl
isn't she cute?!
The next weekend we assembled our annual gingerbread house.  This year Savannah did all the decorating herself after I assembled the house.
waiting for the icing to dry
adding the candy
such determination
On Sunday, December 16 we had brunch with Santa at the the country club.  Savannah was so excited leading up to this event---partly because Santa was going to be there but mostly because we were going to Keith's house.  The excitement quickly changed to fear as soon as the jolly old man entered the dining room.
watching Santa from across the room
she assumed this position as soon as he made his way toward us
our family pic
hiding from Santa while I recalled her Christmas list of toys
After brunch we went for a carriage ride through campus.  It's always nice to slow down and enjoy the beauty of this town we live in.  
Grams arrives tomorrow so we're all set for baby brother to arrive.  Any day now......

No comments:

Post a Comment