Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sea Island 2011

This year we spent the July 4th holiday in Sea Island, GA---my favorite place in the US.  It's been about 9 years since I last spent a summer there and even though physically it's a totally different place, it feels as if nothing has changed.  The resort got a complete makeover several years ago but they have done an amazing job of maintaining the old Spanish feel of the original buildings.  It seemed that a lot of the staff have stayed on board during all of the changes so there is a great sense of family throughout the place.  They really have the southern hospitality concept down to a science here.  That's probably one of the main reasons I love this place so much.  I look forward to spending many more summers visiting this tiny island.
We took quite a few pictures, like always, so I'll let them give you a rundown of our vacation.  Sorry there are so few pictures with Oscar but he loves to pretend to be the paparazzi.  
our amazing room with high lofted ceilings

exploring the resort after our rainy arrival
"I think I see fish down there!"
"Yep, there's definitely fish in this water."
the back side of the Cloister
meeting the locals
She loves this place already!
all dressed up for our first dinner at The Lodge (the main golf club)
room service breakfast on the balcony every morning.....so nice!
first day at the pool. All the kids love the spitting lion heads
Me and my little diva
walking through one of the many courtyards
We always have to stop and walk around the fountains.
Our daily stop to see the birds in the solarium.
out by the yacht club
Savannah always has business to conduct while on vacations.
I love this sketchy look she's giving Oscar, the paparazzi man.
She leads such a hard life!
The sprayground was a favorite spot for the kids, too. 
She's such a water girl.
And yet some things you can't get away from even while on vacation (notice the background). 
Savannah loves any and all slides.
family pic #1
just admiring the view
So happy she actually enjoyed the beach while on this trip.
I think she just liked being able to get wet with her dress on. 
"There's a phone in the bathroom! This is the coolest!" 
"Wait!! There's a tv in the bathroom, too!! Now this is the coolest!!"
Getting her hair ready for dinner.
She loves putting all the bows in her hair.
all dressed up for another dinner
family pic #2
running wild on the golf course
the backside of The Lodge
fun times on the playground
Seriously, one of my favorite swim suits ever!!!!
"No Mom, I got this! You stand on that one!"
other kids pool toys are always better than ours especially someone else's noodle
family pic #3 with Osc and Savannah looking very Americana for the 4th
she would love to hang out on the playground all day every day

front of the beach club
view of beach club from the playground
the front of The Cloister
one of the beautiful sunsets from our balcony
This was definitely my favorite family vacation yet and not just because I got two spa treatments (although it definitely helps).  In fact, I think Oscar's already planning for next years trip :)





No comments:

Post a Comment