Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Savannah turns 20 Months!!!

It's official....Savannah is out of the teen months and is now the big 2-0, as in 20 months!!!  Just 4 short months until she turns 2---yikes!  I thought turning 1 was going to be the difficult one for me but this birthday has me just as anxious.  Oh well, I'll continue to cope with that over the next 4 months.  

My Sweet Savannah Grace at 20 Months
 She's really beginning to look and act like a big girl and not just because of the sudden growth spurt in hair; although, it definitely makes her look less like a baby (something I am less than thrilled about).  At 20 months Savannah's favorite things to do, see, say, eat, and play are as follows:
~She loves pretend play.  She is always carrying or pushing one or all of her baby dolls around the house.  She even has one that she bathes in the shower.  She also loves to pretend to cook.  Her favorite being hotdogs on the grill.  She also loves to dress up with her fancy jewels and lots of her hair bows (so happy she's becoming a girly-girl).

~She loves exploring and getting into any and everything.  Wether she's digging for treasure or going through cabinets, she always needs to know what is in, under, behind, and inside everything.  
~She loves creative arts: drawing, finger painting, coloring, play do, stamps, and stickers.  Since Uncle Michael has been away we now have a good reason to get messy more often.  I sure hope he appreciates all the pictures we mail him.
~No, she's not working on potty-training yet but she likes to "go potty".  At anytime throughout the day she'll want to just sit on the potty with her clothes on or off.  I'm hoping since she already has good feelings about the potty then maybe she'll be easily trained, but I may just have wishful thinking :)
~She has an obsession with shoes--my shoes, her shoes, Oscar's shoes, anyone's shoes.  And she's even able to put her shoes on by herself and sometimes they're even on the right feet.  
~She is now fully able to walk up and down our stairs alone.  She accomplished going up quite a while ago but going down has always been tricky because our stairs are so steep.  She now refuses to have any help going in either direction but we often try to discreetly spot her just in case.  
~I have noticed that her aggressive behaviors towards other children don't occur as often as they did a couple of months ago.  The ladies in the gym nursery say that she hasn't hit or pushed another child in quite a while.  
~She experienced her first ear infection (see prior post) and she handled it better than I ever did when I was little.  In fact, I never even knew she had it until the doctor examined her.  She gets more upset about her skinned up knee, which she got 2 days before she first complained about it.  Now whenever she looks at it, she grabs my hand and wants me to rub it until she forgets about it and moves on to something else.  
Notice the tiny skinned up knee. And yes, she's sitting in her baby's stroller.
~She is becoming quite the little monkey.  Savannah loves to repeat most everything I do.  After our morning shower when I brush my hair, she brushes her hair and then her baby's hair.  I put on lotion, so does Savannah and baby.  I brush my teeth, so does Savannah and baby, etc... Also, she loves to follow me around the house while I'm cleaning and her favorite thing right now is the vacuum.  I can't wait until she can really clean all by herself :)  
She may be copying the face I make while cleaning.
~Her favorite phrase for the month is "no, no, no!" while shaking her index finger at you.  If it wasn't so cute it would be very annoying.  Oscar and I have been wondering where she got that from until I noticed myself repeatedly saying "no, no, no" to her (always 3 times, never just once).  But we're still trying to figure out the finger thing.

And of course, there are always the not so pleasant things going on this month:
~She is becoming more and more difficult with diaper and clothing changing.  It's not uncommon for her to escape from me and run around her room bottomless.
~She's not the best dinner companion.  We have often been "those parents" with "that child" while eating out in restaurants.  I'm starting to think our dinners out as a family will become few and far between.  She's also not an adventurous eater.  Foods she once enjoyed, she rarely touches now and I often can't keep new foods on her plate for more than a second before she puts in back on my plate.  I always feared that I would have a picky eater (that must be Oscar's genes at work).  
when all else fails, the s&p shakers will amuse her for a short amount of time
~She really is becoming much too big for me to hold all the time which is causing way too many tantrums from her.  I had a 90 minute massage last week and the masseuse spent most of that time on just my lower back due to all the spasms it has been having lately.  Just so you know, she now weighs 26 lbs 12 oz.  I only gained 23 lbs while pregnant so I'm now amazed that I was even able to run with all that extra weight.  I get exhausted just walking up the stairs while holding her now.


And here are just a few random pictures from the past month that make me smile:
If you only knew how many of her dolls and animals she is sitting on inside her car--sooo funny!
say "cheese"
silly face
check out those tan lines
I sure do love my sassy, sweet, and spunky Savannah!!!  If only I could keep you this age forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!!! It has been WAY too long since I've been blogging. I can't believe all of Savannah's hair! I love it! She is so dang cute! I love how she's taking care of all her dolls and friends. Doesn't it make you feel like you've taught them a little bit about 'love' already?? And I can relate to the not-so-happy dinners. We are going through the same thing. xoxo to sweet Savannah!

    ReplyDelete