Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July in Miami

This year we decided to spend the 4th in Miami along with the rest of the Alvarez family (minus Dania and the boys---missed you guys).  Because Oscar and his family have spent so much time down there, they really knew where to go to experience the Cuban culture.  We had a wonderful time hanging out in the ocean and by the pools and of course enjoying all the food!!  Now that I know what real Cuban food tastes like I'm going to have to start experimenting here at home.
Dinner at Joe's.  She's working on winking :)
Savannah with Uncle Obie, Aunt Laurie, Carter and Emilie.


We're having dinner at an authentic Cuban restaurant. I love how Savannah is the only one eating!
What?! You mean I'm supposed to wait for everyone else?!
Okay fine but I'm not waiting long.


Discussing the plans for the day with Uncle Obie.


We left the jogger at home but I'd take Savannah for a walk before I'd go run. You can see how thrilled she is to be in this smaller, slower stroller.


Savannah and Emilie getting ready to go in the ocean.
I think she made this same face before going in the ocean in Charleston.
Group shot and yes, Savannah is sleeping.
She fell asleep everyday like this. The sound of the waves and the rocking just knocked her out!

Quick pic on the balcony before dinner.
Fun times at dinner with Uncle Obie!
Me, Savannah and Nana outside the restaurant.


Last morning at the beach.
Time to go get daily gelato!
She's not very good at sharing just yet. 

What a wonderful weekend of good times, great food, and family togetherness!  I wish we could all get together more than once a year.  I guess that's how it is when we live on opposite sides of the country :(
Family photo





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time!!! You look TERRIFIC, by the way :) Do you love your jogging stroller?? I'm on the market for one right now...not sure what to get.

    ReplyDelete