Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Friday, July 9, 2010

Can we stop at the 8th month?!

Seriously?!  Please, can we?!  I just want to freeze this age and live it for longer than 31 days.  Savannah is growing so fast and experiencing so many new things!  Everyday she finds something new---and I mean literally, she FINDS something new.  This girl is all over the place!!!  She's a little speed demon with her half crawl and you can't take your eyes off her for a second or she'll be in all kinds of a mess.
My sweet Savannah Grace at 8 months

Here are the new things she's been doing this past month:
~Crawling EVERYWHERE and getting into EVERYTHING!!!!

~teething--so far she's got 2 front bottom teeth but I think there's more coming in on the sides any day now.
~she can get in a sitting position from laying on her stomach.
~she can pull up to a standing position from sitting and has even just stood up on her own without anything to pull on.  So now when she wakes up from sleeping she'll be standing in her crib waiting for me.
~she can give high-5s.
~sometimes she will wave bye-bye.
~she if feeding herself more and more everyday.  She LOVES toasted wheat bagels with a little smear of butter and of course she still likes her cookies and rice cakes.
~she is eating all fruits and vegetables, rice, breads, yogurts, and her new favorite is ICE CREAM!!!!  This girl can put down some ice cream and gelato!  It started with a taste of mine, then we would share, but now she has to have her own or else I don't get any.
~she loves to play in the floor with her toys.  Her favorites are the talking teapot and the farmhouse cruiser.
~she is finally becoming buddies with Lilly Belle :)

But maybe it's just because Lilly has figured out that Savannah=food
~she will occasionally throw a fit when things don't go her way.  This could be caused by me not picking her up when she wants to not getting more ice cream after she's finished her bowl.  Even while having a hissy fit she's still so cute :)
~and finally, I think she starting to get some fuzz on her head!!!

Her unofficial stats for the 8th month are as follows:
      Age: 8 months and 1 day
      Weight: ~23lbs
      Height: ~29 inches
     Attitude (our newly added category because this girl is going to be trouble one day): on a scale of 1 to 10 she is currently around 7ish
      Size 4 diapers and very few size 6-12 months clothes--she's mostly in 12-18 months.  

I can't believe just 8 short months ago we brought her home from the hospital.  I already miss the days when she was teeny tiny and at the same time I look forward to each new day to watch her learn and grow.  I only wish the days went by a little slower and a few extra hours at night wouldn't hurt either :)  







1 comment:

  1. I love how Lilly is close by but never too close. So excited to see you two this week! I'm hoping the week goes by fast since I have to wait till Thursday to see you.

    ReplyDelete