Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Smallest Alvarez's

For those of you who don't know, since I rarely mention them, we have two tiny teacup chihuahuas.  They are definitely the smallest members of the Alvarez family.  And though they may not be mentioned often, they are usually at the center of everything.


Believe it or not, they are brother and sister separated by one litter.  Yes, Lilly is a long-haired chihuahua and Max is....well, he's kinda bald on top with short hair everywhere else.  I've had them both since they were born so they're actually my first babies.  Lilly will be 7 years old next month and Max will be 6 in July.  Just to give you a sense of how big they really are, Lilly is about 8 lbs and Max is a whopping 1 lb 8 oz (on a good day).  They both are really the sweetest little dogs and they are as different as night and day.  Lilly is the prissy, attention-seeking one.  She's always in the middle of everything and she can't stand to be ignored.
Lilly Belle (aka Furry Butt)

Max is much more chill.  He really kinda sticks to himself.  He's my little baby and before Savannah came along, he was always attached to me.
Maxwell (aka Little Man)

Unfortunately he's had to take a back seat to her.  The first few months were a little rough.  Max wouldn't even come near me and he always growled at the baby.  Now they both get close enough for Savannah to pull Lilly's hair and Max's tail and ears.  Pretty soon she's going to be chasing after them.  

First time meeting Savannah
They're slowly becoming friends.

Here are a few random pictures of them over the years.
Best friends

Maxwell doing what he does best--laying out in the sun.
That's Buster, my mom's chihuahua, with him.


Visiting the relatives, Libby and Buster.

Road trip from Chicago to NYC.

He had trouble finding lap space by the 8th month.


At one of my baby showers.

I'm trying to track down some of their puppy pictures.  They were both such cute little fur balls and they could fit in the palm of your hand.  I'll post them if I can ever find them.  I think that box got lost in the move...hmmmm :(

No comments:

Post a Comment