Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Great Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we just had!  I got to spend 3 full days with my two favorite people on the planet.
My Valentines

We spent Saturday afternoon in the city and had dinner at our good friends, Carter and LoAn's,  new apartment.  They will be welcoming they're own little one is just a couple of months so there was a lot of baby talk taking place.  They are going to make great parents and I hate that we won't still be around to help welcome the arrival of their baby.  

Sunday was Valentine's Day and Oscar surprised me with roses and a beautiful bracelet.  Savannah and I had specially made 2 photo albums to give to him.  With a newborn around, making anything is a great accomplishment.  Then we went and had a really nice lunch in SoHo.  Savannah is so well-behaved during the day that Oscar and I love to take her out to adult lunches.  It's like going on a date with a 3 month old :)  Traditionally I'm not really a fan of Valentine's Day, since it really is just a made up day by Hallmark, but it's always nice to feel special and loved.  We really need to try to do that everyday.

Monday was a holiday so we spent the afternoon out in Rye, NY visiting the Woolsey family.  They have 2 of the most beautiful children ever and both are at a really fun age so we always have a great time with them.  Plus it's always nice to be around other young parents who can share tips with you.

We're slowly getting closer to our moving date which means we're running out of weekends to spend with good friends.  I am so excited about moving to NC but I'm also a little sad about the great people we're leaving behind.  I guess that's what group vacations are for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment