Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, February 18, 2010

3 Month CheckUp

Savannah and I just returned from her 3 month checkup at the doctors office and it never ceases to amaze me how big she is getting.  It appears that she is still off the charts in the weight department--16 lbs 8 oz!!  She's also grown an inch since last month so at 24.5 inches she is in the 80th percentile.  The doctor looks at her and then looks at me trying to figure out how such a big baby can possibly come from me.  I guess there is a recessive gene somewhere in my line.  I can't believe she is already wearing 6m clothes!  There were so many cute outfits that she never got the chance to wear and I've already packed them all away (just in case we're blessed with another little girl in the future).

Savannah also got 2 more shots today but unlike last months visit, she didn't remain her happy self.  From the moment the doctor touched her, the tears started pouring out.  The poor little thing screamed the whole time.  It totally breaks my heart to watch her cry.  After such a traumatic morning, I think we both need a nap.
Please Mom, don't make me go back!!!
 

So I'm wondering when attachment issues start.  I thought I remember reading that it happens around 6 months but not with Savannah.  I've really noticed within the past week that she doesn't want anyone other than me holding her.  She could be perfectly fine one minute, pass her off to someone else, and the meltdown starts.  She comes back to me and she's perfectly happy again.  Good grief!!  High maintenance or what?!  
Who you calling high maintenance?!

1 comment:

  1. She is WAY too cute! She's not high maintenence...just in love with her mommy :) Sooo glad she's doing so well and healthy!! Winn thinks she's pretty and can't wait to meet her one day!! :)

    ReplyDelete