Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Savannah's last week of Kindergarten

This school year has definitely been the fastest one yet.  Savannah has had a wonderful experience in kindergarten and a great introduction to St Thomas More school.  Her teacher, Mrs. Coward, and her assistant, Mrs. Hughes, were a perfect fit for her.  I was nervous going into the year knowing that all her friends were placed in the other kindergarten class but I think it turned out for the best so that Savannah could have a chance to make her own mark and create new friendships.  I know she will miss them all over the summer as her excitement for first grade continues to build.  
last kindergarten daisy meeting
On the last Wednesday the KA Apples had a family field trip to Anderson Park.  They played on the playground equipment, decorated class shirts, played relay games, caught frogs, had a water balloon fight, and enjoyed a yummy pizza lunch and popsickles for a snack.  The weather was just right to spend the morning outside and just as it was getting hot, it was time to go and we left for the pool.
decorating her apple shirt
those silly Apples
water balloon toss--I love how Walker is carefully holding his in line
cooling off after the field trip
we had the pool to ourselves
they even played nicely back at home----good omen for summer break??
my big girl on her last day of school
heading to a camp day while sis finishes school
getting her kindergarten certificate
the kindergarten graduate
with Mrs. Hughes and Mrs Coward
lunch with these girlies after school
last day of school on #NationalDonutDay so of course we had to
looking so big
last soccer game of the season
her first chapter book
I can't believe I'm going to have a first grader!  I am so proud of the young lady Savannah is becoming.  I oftentimes look at her and stare in amazement that she's growing up.  I do miss the days of being able to hold her and spend all day with her but I am so looking forward to watching her grow and continue to learn new things and become her own little person.  Now let's celebrate summertime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment