Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

April, the less eventful month

April brought in the springtime temps and the sunny days.  Our days were pretty routine: school, scouts, and speech during the week and soccer and golf on Saturdays.  Oscar's racing season was just starting up while mine was ending.
The weekend of the 9th I ran in the Rock n Roll Raleigh marathon series while Oscar was in Texas competing in the Galveston 70.3 triathlon.  I decided last minute to do the 5k on Saturday morning and it was my first and last 5k.  I just don't like those fast short races.  On Sunday I did the half marathon and what I thought was not my best race ended up being my highest placing to date.  I even nabbed the first place spot in my age group.  So I'm thinking after finishing 2nd last year and 1st this year that I need to retire from this race while I'm still on top.
fun times at the RnR Raleigh race expo
3 medals for 2 races--not bad race swag
Here are some pictures from the rest of the month:
Savannah's first soccer practice
with some of her teammates who are also some of my Daisys 
enjoying the simpler things: bubbles! 
he's really starting to get into art projects
he loves her so.......poor Lilly! 
making the best of April showers
"Look mama! I standing on my head!"
pretty sure he's not using these correctly
S's first public speaking during the baptismal Mass of Mrs. Hughes' baby
the whole KA class
another Saturday another soccer game
daily golf practice in the back yard
KA field trip to Kreb's Pond
finally a warm enough day for a water balloon fight
our 4th year at Westminister and I finally got a call to be a sub in the class next to W
a fun Tuesday with my Daisy's
under her self portrait 
next to her piece at the KA Art Show
my two lawn boys
family bike ride/run around the neighborhood
evening stroll after dinner
lunch date with his buddy Win
She came home to a surprise---her own set of clubs!!
trying them out on the driving range
yearly trek to pick strawberries
I'll finish this month off with a little spring photo shoot that I did of my two favorite little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment