Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Quickest Month

I feel like the first month with my babies is always the quickest month of all. Maybe it's because I'm in a foggy state due to the lack of sleep or maybe it's because these 31 days are the ones filled with the most change. Walker has gone from a skinny little blob to a chunky, observant, and active little guy. He loves to be held constantly but hates when you hold him while sitting. He prefers to be upright moving round. He's always watching his sister and not just because she's usually on top of him. I can't wait to see the bond the two of them will develop. Savannah is so in love with her baby brother. She is always hugging him and giving him kisses. As soon as she gets out of school she runs up to him saying, "oh brother, I missed you soooo much!" It totally melts my heart.

A few things about his first month:
~he's not a great night sleeper. We're up every hour and fifteen minutes....3 hours has been our greatest stretch but that's only happened a few times.
~he's rather particular about where he sleeps at night. He isn't a fan of his bassinet and he wakes up very quickly when I place him in it. Of course he prefers to sleep in our bed close to his all night buffet. Speaking of which.....
~he's the most efficient eater I've ever seen. He nurses for 5-10 minutes and then he's done; unfortunately, that just means he likes to eat more often----every hour to 2 hours.
~so far he hasn't taken a paci or started sucking his thumb and I'm really pushing the lovey on him for a security object. I feel like I waited too long introducing it to Savannah so I'm hoping he'll become attached to it before he becomes too dependent on me.
~Just like his sister, he is plumping up nicely. He reached his birth weight within the first week and then gained another two and a half pounds within two weeks. At his last doctors appointment he was three weeks old and weighed 10 lbs 7 oz (90th %) and was 22 inches long (85th %).
~he loves taking baths. He's even taken a couple bubble baths with me and Savannah. I'm hoping this is one thing he'll continue to like for a long time.... No dirty little boys around here.
~One thing caused from birthing him but not really related to him is that I've been having postpartum night sweats. They are terrible!!! But I guess if this is the worst thing that I have to deal with after childbirth then I'm getting off pretty easy. Now I know what to look forward to with menopause.

He really is just the sweetest little baby. I so adore this newborn time and I hate that it is so short lived. I almost cried when he outgrew his newborn sized clothes and diapers. I actually wish that I could rewind this month and live it all over again.....but wait.....can I take a nice long nap first?!

Walker is 1 Month Old!!
love those chunky cheeks!
best friends already
bedtime stories
modeling their souvenirs from San Antonio
getting ready for Walker's first bath
he loved it!
This is how Savannah greets Walker after school.


No comments:

Post a Comment