Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, November 26, 2012

Savannah is 3!!!

I can't believe it.....my sweet baby girl in now 3 years old!!!  Where have the past 3 years gone?!  No wonder people say children age you----they cause time to speed up.  
The birthday celebrations started a couple of days early while Grams was still visiting.  She was soooo excited to receive the Cinderella Lego castle.  She played with it nonstop for the first two days.  Unfortunately she's not able to rebuild it when she destroys it so I've become the castle building expert.  
ready to open her present from Grams and Grandad
it's the Cinderella Lego castle
The night before her birthday I set out all her gifts and decorated the table with nothing but Disney Princesses of course.  The morning of the 8th came bright and early but our birthday girl was none too thrilled about the idea of her birthday.  She even forbid us from singing.  At first she was a little hesitant about coming downstairs but once she finally got a look at the birthday spread she came running down.  Because Oscar had to head to work we decided to wait and open the wrapped gifts until after school at lunchtime.
the birthday spread
here comes the birthday girl!
confused girl because she thought the lego castle was her only bday gift
checking out her doll house
getting in a last few minutes playing before school
She even had a birthday celebration at play school.  Too bad the teachers don't allow the parents to hang around because I would have loved to capture her expression when the teachers put the birthday crown on her head, presented her with a candle in a cookie, and sang Happy Birthday.  Especially since she wouldn't allow any of that with us at home.  I think I'll try to track down the picture that Mrs. Pate took during the festivities.  Since it was my day to take snack I took a big chocolate chip cookie cake decorated with Savannah's favorite colors---pink and purple.  
After school, we drove through the chicken place (aka Chick-fil-A) and got lunch for us and Oscar.  As soon as we got home, she drove into opening her presents and only then would she finally slow down long enough to eat.
opening the rest of her gifts
a pretty ballerina necklace
Caillou movies
"hmmmm, what could it be?!"
"It's Caillou!!!!"
opening gift from Uncle Obie and family
furry house shoes
watching cartoons with Caillou and Abby
afternoon dress up time
What a special day full of celebrating my favorite little 3 year old!!  These past 3 years may have been the most exhausting, the most thankless, and the most frustrating at times; but they have also been the most wonderful, the most challenging, and the most fun of my life.  Everyday is better than the one before and I feel so blessed and honored to be my sweet and sassy Savannah's mommy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment