Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, January 3, 2011

Kickin' off 2011

This year we spent New Years Eve at our good friends, the Riepl's, lake house along with 2 other families. It was so nice to have a relaxing evening with good friends, good fun, and lots of entertainment (aka other kids) to keep Savannah busy.  We spent the evening in our pjs watching football and having girl talk.  I don't think anyone managed to stay awake til midnight, in fact we were in bed by 10:30---that's my kind of a New Years celebration :)

Here are a few pics from our stay at the lake house:
the lake was so calm and peaceful
a few lingering snow spots
Savannah's favorite spot in the house was this old rocking chair
dinner time
second favorite spot was climbing up and down the stairs
all the kiddos

Then it was back home on Saturday to start the much dreaded taking down of the Christmas decorations.  There is nothing that I hate more than taking down my decorations.  The house always looks so plain and boring afterwards.  This year I had my own little helper follow me around and insist on "helping".  Needless to say, it took me a little longer than expected to get everything down and put away.
I typically don't make new years resolutions but I heard an interview on tv this morning with Taylor Swift and I think I'm going to steal her resolution.  This year I'm going to try to be more thankful for all the wonderful people and things in my life and to just be more appreciative every day.  I think it's something that we should all strive to do more.  So let's cheer to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment