Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, January 10, 2011

The 14 Month Update

I'm sure at some point I will stop doing monthly Savannah updates but I feel like as long as she is doing memorable things then I should continue documenting them.  Also, I need some way to remember all these whens, hows, and whats so hopefully when number 2 comes along I'll be better prepared for what lies ahead :)
My sweet Savannah Grace
At 14 months, here is a brief rundown of Savannah's developments:
~She is obsessed with hugging anyone under the age of 5 even if she's only just met them.
~Her new favorite food (still trying to decide if it's actually considered food but if so, then I'm adding it to the vegetable group) is Ketchup.  It doesn't even have to be on food--she'll take it on her finger, too.
~She LOVES playing with her baby dolls.  She is always carrying one around with her either in her car, grocery cart, tent, stroller, etc.
~She is now eating almost all her food off a plate and with a fork!  This is a big deal since she practically refuses to have anyone feed her anymore.  If she can't do it herself, then she prefers to not eat.
~She LOVES to put on lipgloss.  I have a slight obsession with chap stick so after observing me apply it every 15 minutes she now believes that she, too, needs it.  Once again, don't try to help her because she has to do it herself.
~Snack time every afternoon has to take place in her recliner while watching cartoons.
~She has become quite the littler helper (when she wants to).  Max and Lilly make a mess with their dog food so I often find Savannah in their zone cleaning up after them.
She even goes to get the dustpan and brush by herself.
just a little dusting
~Her newest obsession is talking on ichat/skype.  I'm still trying to decide if it's talking to the grandparents that she likes or if it's just sitting on the desk and playing with all the pens/papers/mail/etc.  Usually about 5 times a day I find her yelling at me from the computer.
~speaking of yelling----yep, she's still having those temper tantrums.  Hello terrible twos a year early.
her reaction after being told to get down
~She has become much more agreeable when it comes to diaper changes.  I'll usually ask her if she needs a dry diaper and if she does then she'll walk to the gate at the foot of the stairs and wait for me to take her up.  It only took about 13 months of diaper changing to finally get to this point.  
~she hasn't made much progress in the talking department but I've come to not expect it anymore.  I've been reading and talking to other parents and pediatricians who all say that if a toddler is physically advanced (which they say Savannah is) then she'll be more delayed in speech.  It seems that they usually only advance in one area at a time.  So I guess she'll run before she can say what she's running to.  But I am almost certain that I heard her say "peeeeze (please)" the other day when she wanted another french fry :) 
~It looks like she's entering the mommy attachment stage.  For the first time yesterday she had a meltdown when I left her in the nursery during church.  I'm told it didn't last long but it sure was hard to leave her.  


I think that about sums up all developments from the past month.  I can't wait to see what she has in store for this month :)

3 comments:

  1. Wait, was that comment about #2 a hint? :)

    Ketchup, Ranch dressing, Thousand Island...of course it's food.

    It's been too long since we've seen sweet Savannah...let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for this update!! I can't believe she's growing so fast!! Come bring her to Charlotte so I can see this big girl! Give her a kiss from Aunt Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet girl!! Very impressive with her fork skills...we are barely getting to that point :) i wasnt aware of the speech report your doctors gave. I am certain all children learn at their own pace. You know that sweet girl is amazingly smart and can probably communicate with you on so many different levels, she doesnt need words!! She is as cute as she can be...xoxo to her!! So wish ya'll lived closer :(

    ReplyDelete