Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmastime in Chapel Hill

I must admit that there isn't as many exciting Christmas-y things to do in our new hometown but we did manage to find a few fun new things to add to our yearly traditions.  On Friday the 17th, Oscar, Savannah, and I went to the Santa Train at the Museum of Life and Science.  It wasn't quite what I was expecting (a little too short and not a lot for toddlers to do) but we had fun and I'm sure we'll be going back next year.
all ready to see Santa
one of Santa's elves
the North Pole
It's Santa! Savannah was trying really hard to get away from him.
On the following Sunday, we went to have lunch with Santa at the country club.  Once again, Savannah was not too happy to see the old man.  I'm beginning to think that this isn't the year to capture a happy moment on film of Savannah and Santa.
Santa just entered the room and Savannah is nervous already.
My first attempt of Savannah with Santa---not looking good.
Next we try both of us on Santa's lap---she's still not happy.
after 2 seconds Savannah says, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!"
Savannah also attended the Winter Wonderland party at her gym.  Of course she was the smallest person in attendance but that doesn't stop her from having a great time.  In fact, I think she prefers playing with the big kids.  She's become such a huggie girl that it's probably better that she's around larger children---I think the small ones get frightened when she clings onto them :)
So far this holiday season has been a lot of fun and we're not even to Christmas yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment