Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Savannah's 5 month update



Today Savannah turns 5 months old!!  What a month it has been!  She has been such a trooper through all the transitions that have been taking place in our lives.  We've packed up the only home she has ever known, said goodbye to so many friends, took a major road trip (major for an infant), moved into a hotel, and totally disrupted her schedule.  I think it's actually been harder on me than that it has been on her.  I miss her long afternoon naps!!  Now I spend our afternoons with her wrapped up in her Moby wrap against me because that's the only way I can calm her enough to take a nap.  I just hope all this extra weight that's attached to me for 3 hours a day is benefitting my glutes and quads :)

So back to her update.  We visited our new pediatrician today and I've discovered that Savannah prefers young male doctors (who can blame her).  Our old doctor looked like Santa Claus and every time she saw him she would start screaming even before he touched her.  But todays new doctor was a nice young man that she just stared and smiled at.  The tears only came after her two shots but that's to be expected.  So here are the new stats:
     Age: 5 months
     Weight: 20 lbs (still off the charts at >97%)
     Height: 25 3/4 inches (80%--something must be wrong because last month they say she was 26 in)
     Head Cir: 43.7 (90%)
That's a growth of 1 1/2 pounds, negative 1/4 inch (not sure about this), and 0.7 cm.  She never ceases to amaze me!


At 5 months Savannah is doing the following new things:
~ rolling from back to front.
~ eating an assortment of fruits--pears and prunes are her favorite.
~ finally showing interest in Maxwell and Lilly Belle (our chihuahuas) by pulling Lilly's hair.  There is still a lack of interest on their part.
~ realized that Mommy wears earrings so she pulls them all the time.
~ wearing no socks or shoes because of this warm southern weather so she has finally found her toes and realized that she can put them in her mouth--so funny!

~ learned that she can raise her voice so she now babbles loudly all the time especially if she feels that she is being ignored.

I've really noticed in the last couple of weeks how much she is changing.  At times, I look at her and wonder "where did my little baby go?".  Her physical appearance seems to have really changed lately and she is becoming quite the little person.  Every day is so much fun with her.  Even her worst days are some of my best days.  Funny how being a mother can do that to you :)
She's such a good snuggle bunny!

First trip to Super Target--we love the burbs!

Loving this early summer weather!

Check out the attitude.

2 comments:

  1. First off, welcome back to the Carolina's... I am jealous!! :) Your home is beautiful.. can't wait to see more pictures!
    Second, could your chunky monkey be any cuter?! What a cutie!! She & McKay would make a great pair... both adorable & chubby!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many days I wonder what I would do without my Moby! Love it. I'm glad you are enjoying being back down south.

    ReplyDelete