Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leaving NYC

After a busy, crazy week, we are finally all in Chapel Hill.  The movers took all our furniture this past Tuesday so we stayed for 3 nights in the city with a good friend.  I'm sure he had no idea what he volunteered for when he graciously invited 2 adults, 2 dogs, and a baby to come stay in his immaculate bachelor pad.  Hopefully we didn't leave any permanent damage.  We love Colin!!!

Then Friday morning we loaded up our car and began the first half of our trip.  Because Savannah isn't much of a road-tripper, we decided to make the 8 hour drive over 2 days.  We arrived in DC around 2:00 and after checking into the hotel and smuggling the dogs upstairs, we braved the festival traffic to go and take some cheesy tourist photos.  I think it took us an hour to drive 7 miles to get to the Lincoln Memorial.  Needless to say, Savannah was beyond sick of the car but she toughened up and let us spend a little while walking around the monuments.

Obviously this was taken early into the drive.






We left DC early Saturday morning and thankfully Savannah slept most of the drive.

We made it to Chapel Hill just in time to grab lunch at Jason's Deli (oh how I've missed suburb dining).  I had to do a lot of sweet talking to talk Oscar out of Chick-fil-A (his new favorite place) since I had given up fried foods for Lent.  What's the use in going to Chick-fil-A if I can't get waffle fries?!  Anyways, immediately afterwards we went to check on the house.  This was my first time actually seeing it in person.  All I can say is, "WOW"!!!  I did an amazing job designing and decorating from 600 miles away.  It still isn't quite done and there are some things that need to be fixed but all in all, it's going to be great.  Closing date is still set for April 15.  
Yeah!! Our new home!

Our first time going in.

My new stove--woo hoo!!

So for the next couple of weeks our little family will be staying in a 500+ square foot hotel room.  It's a good thing we're accustomed to New York living or else this small space might drive us all crazy.  But it's a small price to pay for what we'll soon be getting :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment