Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Friday, September 11, 2015

Family time in Texas

The kiddos and I left for Texas on Tuesday, August 11 and we flew into San Antonio where Grams and Grandad picked us up at the airport.  We spent the night at a hotel on the RiverWalk and drove to Kerrville the next day to visit Granny.  I had been over two years since I had last seen her so it was nice to check in and visit with her and Tom.  It's amazing how quickly time flies (I know, I say that a lot!) but I realized that they had never met Walker.  Technology is wonderful in that FaceTime allows you to frequently see people who live hundreds of miles away but really nothing replaces actual face to face time.
We left Granny's late afternoon and drove almost six hours to Grams' house.  Of course Savannah and Walker did not sleep during the drive so it was an interesting drive to say the least.  But I did learn that my children can actually survive without constantly watching movies in the car.  I'm just glad that we didn't have to drive back to fly home.
in charge of their own carry-ons
big girl sitting by herself
early morning visit to the Alamo
visiting Granny
Our time on the farm went by just as quickly as it always does.  Savannah spent a lot of time doing crafts and playing with my old Barbies.  Walker loved feeding the fish and sitting on all the tractors.  We went to a birthday party at a kids gym in the Woodlands on Saturday but other than that we stayed pretty close to the farm.  We drove into town almost every day to check on Nanny at the rehab facility and we would walk down to visit with Pa every evening.  Harlan came out to visit on Sunday so we were able to see and visit with almost everyone during this trip.  Despite it sounding like we didn't do a lot we were surprisingly busy.  We stayed up past bedtime every night and were up with the chickens every morning.  Actually there were a few mornings that I beat the chickens so I could get a run in before it got too hot.  And just like that before we knew it, it was Tuesday again and time to head home.  Grams drove us into Houston and dropped us off at the airport amongst a lot of tears and goodbyes.  We're always sad to leave but the good news is that we will be back in January for a short visit during my race weekend.
feeding the jumbo catfish
he was beyond thrilled to drive the tractors
trampoline time
working on her swing at Grandad's driving range
the Johnson waterpark
birthday party fun
motorcycle rides
Such a fun way to finish off our summer break.  Can't wait til next time, Grams and Grandad!  Now it's time for back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment