Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Thursday, March 26, 2015

My growing boy

I've been meaning to do a Walker update for a couple of months now but it's so hard to find the time to blog nowadays.  I'm amazed that I managed to do it monthly for two years.  The bigger he gets, the more active he gets, the more exhausted I get, and the less that I get done.  
So here's a brief update:
~he started using two words together sometime during January.  The first combo was "choo choo ride".  No surprise there.  Then I think it was "Waher's sool"  (Walker's school).  And now it's just part of his normal conversation.  I can't even list everything that he say because his vocabulary has grown significantly in such a short amount of time.  
~even though we're not potty training yet, he does go on the potty every night before bath time.  And he will come tell me when his diaper needs to be changed.  
~he recently discovered that he loves "nanas" (bananas) and he eats about one a day.  
~he's at the point where somedays he may be ready to give up his nap and other days he absolutely needs it.  Well, I need it everyday so I'm still forcing it on him but that means that some nights he doesn't fall asleep until 10pm.  But he does still like to sleep in until anytime between 7:45 and 8:20.  Apparently neither one of my kiddos like to wake up early anymore.  Those teenage years should be fun.  
~he is so a creature of habit.  He will only wear the same shoes and the same jacket everyday.  I tired putting a new coat on him while his old one was in the wash and the neighbors probably thought I was abusing him based on the screams that were coming out of our house.  I can't even imagine what he's going to be like when I put sandals and pool shoes on him this summer.  
~I just signed him up for his first summer camp sessions.  I can't believe my little man will be going to camp this summer!!  He'll be at Westminster the same weeks as Savannah for Monday-Friday 9am to noon sessions.  Ohmyword what will I do with myself all week!!!!!   
~he's still obsessed with all things train, car, bus, plane, truck, and digger.  
enjoying his daily banana
just watching the diggers
cutest little man in the world!
He really is such a cutie!  He's getting so big so fast.  Every day that I rock him to sleep it seems that he's grown just a little bit more and it's just a little bit harder to fit him in my lap while in the rocking chair.  Pretty soon not only will he not fit, but he won't want me to rock him anymore.  I tear up just thinking about it.  Just yesterday as he fell asleep in my lap I realized these moments are all too quickly coming to an end.  And at that moment I looked over on the floor and one of my favorite children's book was lying open and I read "I'll love you forever.  I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."  And I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.  That book has always made me cry but it hits just a little too close to home now.  Yes, I can't keep him little forever but he'll always, always, always be my baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment