Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Walker Turns TWO!

So I'm a couple of weeks behind on this post but that's typically what happens when birthdays fall smack dab in the middle of the busiest month of the year.  Also I think I've kinda been dreading writing this post because it makes me so sad to think that my little Walker-man is technically no longer a baby.  He's a full-blown terrible two toddler!
the final monthly pic
can't believe how big he's gotten!
His birthday fell on a Thursday which was also the first day of Winter Break, but that didn't stop both kiddos from waking up bright and early.  First thing was opening birthday presents.  After opening each present he would want to stop and play with it so Savannah had to help keep him focused on getting to the rest.  He received lots of fun train and truck toys that kept both him and his sister busy for at least the next few days.....until Christmas that is.
so excited about more trains!
And because he is quite the expert at blowing out candles, he wanted to do it multiple times that day.  So we had cupcakes after lunch and dinner.  The more wishes the better.  And seriously, how could you not grant this little cutie's wish! 
that cupcake didn't stand a chance against W
WEA's 24 month milestones/achievements/random tidbits:
~his vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds!! He hasn't yet put two words together but he's sooo close!  I can't even list all of his new words because it seems like he says a new one every 30 minutes.
~he continues to be the easiest child to put to bed.  After a few stories, a brief 2 minutes of rocking, he then he points to his crib and is ready to be put down.  He doesn't go to sleep immediately but he will roll around, talk to his toys, and usually within about 20 minutes he will fall asleep.  He also has to have his mini "pup pup", lovie, and plush Thomas train in bed with him.
~he's eating has become atrocious! He rarely wants real food at mealtimes and he prefers to eat snack food (Clif bars, fruit strips, fruit pouches, go-gurts, etc.) instead).  He doesn't snack throughout the day but he wants the snack food at mealtimes.  I can't even force him to eat pasta and I'm lucky if he'll have a chicken nugget.
~he is still madly obsessed with all things train, truck, and bus related.
~the terrible twos have officially begun! He's becoming much more aggressive---lots of pinching, biting, scratching, and hair pulling.  Sometimes it's provoked by Savannah, but oftentimes it comes out of nowhere.  I think mostly he uses it as a way to get our attention but sometimes I think he just likes to see our reaction when he hurts us.  Needless to say there have been a lot of time outs happening around here.
~with that being said, he easily goes to time out and he will remain there until he has been told to leave.  I've even lost track of time and the poor little man has actually sat there for almost 5 minutes!  And at the end of each time out he will give a hug to whomever he hurt in the first place.
~he loves all the Christmas decorations.  First thing in the morning he wants to turn all the trees on and when it's time to leave, he's the first to ask to turn them off.  He also likes to see the lights outside and comment "nice" whenever a house is really lit up.
~his physical motor skills are right on track: he runs, jumps, climbs up and down stairs, kicks, throws, swings, stacks, etc.
no, not potty training yet but sometimes he likes to be like sister
like mother like son....he has a sweet tooth for sure
waiting for the planes to go "whoosh!"
practicing his own PopUp routine
cheering on the Trojans with daddy
love this boy!!!!
Walker's 24 Month Doctors Appointment:
Date: 12/19/14
Height: 35 inches (65%)
Weight: 33 lbs (97%)
Head circumference: 51 cm
He received the flu mist which caused him to giggle and another booster shot which only lead to 20 seconds of crying---not long enough to make tears.  Overall, an excellent visit and we don't have to go back until he's 30 months (2 and a half years old).

Two years old......I really can't believe it!  There is so much truth in the the saying "the days are long but the years are so short".  Yes, some days seem to drag on and I reach my wits ends and I feel like pulling my hair out, but by the end of the week I'm alway like "wow! that week flew by!".  These two years have been the fastest years of my life.  Having two little ones around keeps me in a constant state of go go go.  Yes, I feel like they're aging me (I've even found my first gray hair!) but at the same time they keep me young.  This little man......the one who will forever be my baby.....I could not possibly love him any more.  He is the sweetest, the snuggliest, the squishiest little mama's boy.  Oh if I could keep him little forever I absolutely would.  Happy two years my little man!!!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment