Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

WEA 17 Months

Wow, this past month has flown by!!!  I can't believe our little man is just one month shy of being a year and a half.  I am constantly amazed at how quickly time passes once you have children.  

Walker is still the sweetest, cuddliest, most lovable little boy.  I can't seem to get enough of all his kisses and hugs so lucky for me he is always giving them out.  Every day he is becoming a little more independent and a little more mischievous.  He is constantly getting into trouble by destroying the house, picking on his sister, attacking the dogs, and just generally making a mess.  I guess that makes him 100% boy.  And we wouldn't have it any other way  :)
my sweet boy
"there's that sticker again!"
"I must get it off!"
"What do you mean I was supposed to leave it on?!"
oh well, he's so cute it's hard to fight with him
WEA's 17 Month Milestones/Achievements/Random tidbits:
~biting and hair pulling are still a major problem.  I'm really at a loss of what to do next.  I'm hoping this is just a phase that he's nearing the end of.  
~he is becoming quite the picky eater.  Mealtimes are especially difficult because all he wants to eat are snack items: yogurt, applesauce, cheddar bunnies, dried fruit strips, Cliff bars.  Pizza and corn dogs are about the only meal items that he'll actually sit down to eat.  Ugh! Hopefully this, too, is another phase.  
~he is extremely possessive of his mama.  Poor Savannah can't even hold my hand without him throwing a fit.  And I do mean a fit.  It's amazing that my sweet girl has any hair left.  
~when he gets upset, he lets out a really loud, high-pitched squeal.  This sound has become a regular thing around these parts.  
~he's a lot like his sister in the speaking department.  I can still only make out the words "mama", "dada", "hot", and "step".  Even though he can't verbally tell you what he wants, he manages to show you what he wants by grabbing your hand and directing you to the desired object.  
~he LOVES to be in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking.  He will put the step stool up to the stove and grab a pot and spatula and "cook" right beside me.  He's the cutest little sous chef I've ever worked with.  
~he's figured out how to take his diaper off which has led to a few naked afternoons in the backyard while playing in the sprinklers.  
~he LOVES to play in the sandbox, in the pool, with the water hose, with any ball, with trains, and with anything Savannah is currently playing with.  
~he's very good at following simple directions.  When asked "where is your milk/lovie/shoes", he will immediately go retrieve them.  At music class he is always the first to clean up when his teacher begins to sing the clean up song; unfortunately, the clean up song only works during music class.  
~he still has a major obsession with balloons.  There's always a couple floating around the house.  
naked play time
ice cream face
sous chef in action
my littlest trainer
first day at the pool this year
I can't believe he's almost 18 months old!!  The summer months always fly by which means I'll be planning his second birthday before I know it.  Please slow down, little man!!  This mama isn't ready to be done with the baby stage yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment