Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Savannah Grace turns 4 Years Old!!

I can't believe it!!!  I am the mother of a four year old!  My sweet Savannah is now a full blown preschooler.  Yes, she has been in preschool for over a year but she was still somewhat considered an older toddler but now there's no mistaking.  She is definitely a young child.  I've never been able to picture myself as a mother to older children, just babies and toddlers.  But now I've got one and it's making me feel a little old.....and a little sad.  Sad that Savannah's baby years are behind us and I'll never have them back.  I miss those days and yet at the same time I look forward to her future and I'm excited about all our fun days ahead.

Here's a little update on my four-year-old Savannah:
~her speech has improved immensely!!  I now watch her have conversations with other kids and adults and I'm not having to interpret for her.
~she has a wonderful imagination that comes across in her pretend play, her drawings, and her stories.
~she loves to read and be read to.  No, she can't really read but she pretend "reads" to her babies daily.  I get such a kick out of listening to the stories she makes up.  
~she is quite the little artist.  She loves to paint, color, and draw.  I'm always amazed at how well she can color in coloring books but her free-style pictures are really something special.
~she has an unbelievable memory.  It's amazing how she can remember events from last year, friends who have moved away, and conversations from weeks ago.
~she has such a sensitive soul.  You really have to be careful because she can get her feelings hurt very easily.  She also is very empathetic.  She doesn't like to see any one get hurt and see any one sad.  She will even break down and cry over a broken vase.
~she has started to tell little lies.  She will accuse Walker or even Lilly Belle of making messes, breaking things, spilling things, etc etc.
~everyday we struggle with taming her temper.  She is definitely a feisty one and that's saying it nicely.
~she loves her baby brother almost a little too much.  He is the first one she greets every morning and she always gives him a kiss and hug before bedtime and all naps.  She is constantly hugging and kissing him and just all-around smothering him.  Thank goodness he's such a big boy.
~she is at the age now where she doesn't like to play with boys.  She tells me that boys play boy stuff and girls play princess stuff so girls don't play with boys :)
~she is finally breaking out of her shy shell.  She no longer hides behind my legs when other adults talk to her and usually she will be the first to start a conversation with them.  She has definitely become my little chatterbox.
~my sweet girl is definitely growing up.  She currently weighs about 38 pounds, is just under 41 inches, and wears a size 4-5 in clothes and a size 10 shoe.
Now that Savannah is old enough to understand and respond to questions, I'm going to include a list called "All About Savannah" on every birthday post.  So here is the first list.
All About Savannah
1. Favorite color: pink
2. Favorite song: I'm a little teapot
3. Favorite toy: baby dolls
4. Favorite food: spaghetti 
5. Favorite drink: chocolate mik
6. Best friend/s: Jane, Lila Byrd, Helen, Katalin, Amelia
7. Favorite game: matching games
8. Favorite book: How do you make a rainbow
9. Favorite place to visit: Grams and Grandaddy's house
10. Favorite place to eat out: California Pizza Kitchen
11. What do you want to be when you grow up: "I don't want to grow up!"
12. Favorite holiday: Christmas
13. Favorite dress up costume: pirate Izzy

Here are some pictures from her birthday morning.  See came running down the stairs to find........a new big girl bicycle!!!
going for a spin around the house in her nightgown
now all dressed and ready for school
home from school and ready to open presents

Happy 4th Birthday my sweet Savannah Grace!!  I can't wait to see what all awaits you this year.  I love you to the moon and beyond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment