Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, November 4, 2013

Clemson Weekend

We haven't had a lot of free weekends this fall but we did manage to squeeze in a quick weekend trip to my hometown of Greenville for the weekend of October 12th.  Of course the main reason for the visit was to go to the Clemson / Boston College football game.  
We arrived in Greenville Friday evening and went straight to the Merrit's house for dinner.  Meredith and I don't see each other very often but we always manage to pick up right where we left off from the visit the previous year.  I'm always amazed that we've been able to keep in touch after 26 years.  Yes, I said 26 years.  She was my very first friend when we moved from Texas to South Carolina.  Through the power of social media we were able to reconnect and have stayed in touch somewhat regularly over the past 5 years.  So after a short visit with her sweet family we checked into our hotel and crashed for the night.
Saturday's game was in the afternoon so we had all morning to hang out in Greenville.  That little town has grown so much since I left after college and yet it still feels so familiar.  Fall for Greenville was also taking place downtown that weekend so we did a quick walk through and Savannah had the chance to ride a few carnival rides.  
checking out the Reedy River Falls
S's favorite part of the weekend......checking out the flower gardens
I'm convinced that I must bring bad luck to my Tigers because every game I watch they either lose or lose until I leave.  Such was the case this trip as well.  They played horribly to a no-good BC team but thankfully they managed to pull themselves together after we left and still won the game.  I wasn't able to watch more than 5 minutes of the game since Little Man didn't want to sit still in the stands.  We spent most of the half walking around under the stands.  No matter, we still had fun and I always love being back in Tiger Town.
We left Greenville bright and early Sunday morning since Oscar had to be back home for a group bike ride.  I'm so glad we're able to go back and visit every year.  Those little towns hold a special place in my heart and it's nice to take little walks down memory lane every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment