Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, May 4, 2013

WEA turns 5 Months!

The months are slipping by entirely too fast for this mama. My little man is five months already?!?! How can that be?!?! Someone please make it stop!

Walker's 5 month milestones/updates:
~He started eating rice cereal and puréed apples, pears, and bananas. He's not a big of eating solid foods just yet and since he's still under six months, I haven't been pushing them on him. Some days we'll try and others we don't.
~He's making a few new sounds. His favorite is sticking out his tongue and blowing. This just cracks him up!  He also spits whenever he gets mad which happens when he is left alone for too long.
~He is very close to rolling over.  He will be laying on his back and he'll kick his foot over his body and then he will get so mad and start grunting because he can't quite figure out how to roll the rest of the way over.  Any day now he'll figure it out.
~He has improved by leaps and bounds with his night sleeping.  He went from waking up every 2 hours one night to now waking up consistently at 1:00 am and 4:00 am (give or take a few minutes).  I'm actually getting more than 7 hours of sleep at night and I'm feeling like an all new mommy during the day because of it.
~He's still having some issues at the stay-and-play at the gym.  He alternates between being very happy and playful one day to being a total disaster the next day.  I never know what to expect.  And of course as soon as he hears and sees me, he stops crying and smiles.  Apparently he has figured out how to get what he wants :)
~He responds to familiar voices and he even sometimes turns to you when you say his name.
~He is definitely starting to become a little more high maintenance.  He likes to be held constantly.  I'm having a very difficult time getting anything accomplished at home.  
~His current daytime schedule goes something like this: wake up anytime between 6 and 7 am, eat, play, nap within about 2 hours of first waking (sometimes less if we're taking S to school), eat, play, eat, long afternoon nap around 1:00, eat, play, snack consisting of cereal and fruit, play, eat, catnap around 5:30, play, bath at 7:00 pm, eat, asleep by 8:00 pm.
~He is wearing size 6-12 or just 12 month clothing (in some brands he actually wears 18 month!) and he is in size 4 diapers. That's a little shocking considering that the last diaper Savannah wore was a size 5.
sitting at the table in his high chair
such a big boy
attempting to roll over
never mind---I'll just lay here 
my happy little trainer after our morning jog
sweet sweet boy
first time eating solids
I can't believe we're only one month away from being halfway to one year old!!!  How are these months slipping by so fast?!?!  I really can't believe how quickly my little man is growing.  I know I've said it before but it still stands---Walker really is the sweetest, most easy-going, happy, smiley little baby boy.  He is such a joy to be around. I am soooooo lucky that I get to spend every day all day with him----even when the days start before 6 am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment