Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

I LOVE the month of October!!  You get the first bite of chilly weather, the leaves start to change colors, and pumpkins are the vegetable of the season.  
On October 13th we rode the pumpkin train ride at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  This was our first year participating in this event and I must say, I enjoyed it more than the Santa train ride.  The little train takes drops you off at a little mini pumpkin patch where you get to pick out a pumpkin and then you can have snacks and decorate a bag to take it all home in.  Unfortunately, we had a difficult time finding a good pumpkin with no rotten spots.    
this one may be a good one
nope, it's got a yucky spot
"Back off boy! This one is mine!"
"Dee, you're making me so mad!! No more pictures!"

This past Saturday we made the trek to Hill Ridge Farms.  This is one of my favorite places to take Savannah during the fall.  She has so much fun riding the ponies, the little train, and the hayride to the pumpkin patch.
her mission was to pick out the biggest pumpkin in the patch
"Ewww, that one is no good!"
so cute in her pumpkin shift dress
I look like I'm trying to sneak more than one pumpkin home.
fun times in the bounce house
Halloween is this week so I've only got one more month to enjoy all the pumpkin greatness.  Bring on the pumpkin cake, muffins, pie, and bread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment