Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The last one.....

Well, this is it---my sweet Savannah will be turning 2 in just 28 short days.  So that means this will be the last regular monthly update.  I've really enjoyed chronicling the past 23 months of her life and I know that one day we'll all look back at those entries and laugh or I'll more than likely cry :)
My sweet Savannah Grace at 23 months
Just a few of the things we've been up to during the 23rd month:
~I created a sensory box for Savannah (a Tupperware filled with pinto beans) like the ones we used to have NYKC.  Our 2 and 3 years olds loved playing in them so I thought Savannah would enjoy it, too.  I think she actually enjoys it a little too much.  She started off doing exactly what I wanted to her to do---burying various objects, filling cups up, transferring beans from one cup to another, etc.
Then she decided the beans would probably feel pretty cool on her feet.
If only she had stopped there.  Instead she decided to find out what the beans would feel like all over her.
And then I looked up one day and saw this....sitting in the beans while watching a movie.  Good grief!
~We've also been spending a lot of time playing with play doe---rolling it out, pressing out shapes, and attempting to use plastic scissors to cut it.
~We've been taking advantage of all the wonderful fall activities in our area.  Savannah has had a blast picking apples and pumpkins; riding hayrides, trains, and ponies; and decorating the house for Halloween.  She's even been helping me bake lots of yummy apple treats.

decorating the front porch

attempting to peel an apple
~Savannah has figured out that she is capable of opening the freezer drawer on the refrigerator and is therefore able to go get ice cream whenever she wants.  I turned around one morning and found this....
~She got her first pair of rain boots after a very messy afternoon of picking apples.  She wore them home from the store and then proceeded to wear them for the next two days straight.  For some reason, she won't wear them on rainy days.  I guess she doesn't want to get them dirty :)
~She is really starting to mimic a lot of the things that I do especially the things that I do with her.  For example, she nows will tell me that baby Molly has poop and she will try to change her diaper.  She also loves to read to her babies.
~She LOVES to play with Lilly when Lilly will allow it.  Sometimes they play in a fort together and I often find them dancing to Fresh Beat in the living room.
~She is starting to become a little particular about the clothes she wears.  Oftentimes, she will pick out her own outfit in the morning and when she does, it is normally a dress and a matching bow.  I LOVE that girlie side of her.  Just be sure not to compliment her or else she'll give you a "NOOOOOOOO!".
~She's still the little cleaning fairy.  She is always grabbing the swifter or the vacuum and saying "clean".
~The biggest change is that Savannah started sleeping in her big girl toddler bed through the night about a week and a half ago (October 2).  I didn't even have to force her.  One night after stories, instead of pointing to her crib she walked to her toddler bed, lied down, and slept all night.  The next day I took her crib down and she's never looked back.  Just another step towards being a big girl...sigh.

I've been busy planning her 2nd birthday party and I've even been getting in touch with my crafty side.  I can't wait to share all the photos that we'll be taking during her birthday week.  Sooooo many exciting things coming up :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment