Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grams' Visit for the Bridge Run

My mom, aka Grams, came to spend a week with us at our house and to spend the weekend in Charleston babysitting Savannah while Oscar and I ran in the Cooper River Bridge Run.  While at home, we spent a lot of time just playing around and I took advantage of my free babysitter by going to some doctors appointments and getting a hair cut.  Savannah loves her Grams and she attempts to say her name but it usually comes out like a growl---"Grrrrrrr".
This is what happens when Grams comes to visit---the little "Outlaw"
Last Friday we left around lunch time for our 4+ hour drive to Charleston.  Savannah did great on the drive---ate lunch, took at 2 hour nap, and finished up by watching Fresh Beat on the i-Pad.
"Who's ready for a road trip?!"
We went directly to Caroline's (one of my oldest and bestest friends) beach house where she treated us to a Low Country Boil---delicious!!!  Then we headed to our hotel and tried to get a little sleep before the alarm went off at 5:15am.  Unfortunately, Miss Savannah was battling a tooth so no one really got any sleep.  By 6am Oscar and I were on the shuttle to Mt Pleasant for the start of the race.  I finished the 6.2 miles in just under 49 minutes (not my best but oh well) and Oscar finished just under 60 minutes.  For a man who doesn't run and didn't train, that's pretty good.  Grams and Savannah met us at the finish and we all lounged around in the sunshine enjoying our fruit and bagels.  After a warm shower we all headed out for some shopping downtown and a seafood lunch on the water.
Savannah is helping Caroline refuel after the race.
soooo Charleston-esque
On a side note----while waiting for lunch, my sweet Savannah exposed her devilish side.  Because I would not let her climb on someone's golf cart she proceeded to bite me on my shoulder so hard that she broke the skin and now even a week later I still have a big bruise!!  Can we say "hello, terrible 2s!".  My child has a temper like I never imagined.  Thank you Uncle Michael for somehow passing along your unwanted traits.
For dinner we went to OAK Steakhouse---the site of our wedding rehearsal dinner.  Unfortunately it wasn't the same since our chef friend Bret is no longer there.  Oh how I miss his shrimp and grits!
Before heading home on Sunday we visited the South Carolina Aquarium.  It is such a neat place and all 4 of us had a great time seeing the sea otters, sharks, fish, birds, and even snakes.
Outside the Aquarium. Notice the bridge in the background--yep, we ran over that!
"Hello Mr. Frog"
Checking out the sea otters.
"Yikes! This could actually be in our backyard?!"
Savannah and Grams visiting Camp Carolina
Check out those sharks!
After a stop at the gift shop, she's ready to head home.
Back at home Grams had 3 days left with us.  We spent those days playing outside, going to the mall, and of course going to Target--our favorite store.  We hate that Grams had to go but we know Grandad and Buster need her, too, so we'll just have to plan another visit here or there soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment