Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally....Dream Come True!

For 17 months and 9 days I have been dreaming of the day when Savannah would actually want to go to bed at night.  That dream finally came true last night!  After reading a couple of books, I turned off the lamp and tried to lay Savannah in my lap to rock her for our usual nightly rocking session.  She squirmed around and couldn't seem to get comfortable so then she sat up and started babbling to me and pointed to her bed.  I asked her if she wanted to get in her bed and then she started jumping in my lap.  So I laid her in bed, said good night, and she waved bye-bye to me.  All at once I felt anxious, excited, relieved, and sad.  Anxious because I thought any minute she would start screaming for me to come get her and rock her to sleep.  Excited because I was going to have her in bed in time for me to watch all of Desperate Housewives.  Relieved that she finally went down easily.  And then sad because my baby girl really isn't a baby anymore.  Is there ever a time when these little triumphs don't bring a tear?
My sweet girl getting bigger and bigger every day!

1 comment:

  1. As you know, there will be many many more triumphs to be encountered. Love every minute of it, and remember, it could be sooo much worse! Cough...Cough...MJ!

    ReplyDelete