Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Charlotte Weekend

This past weekend we took a quick trip to Charlotte just to get out of town and to see some old and new friends.  We started off on Saturday with a trip to the North Carolina Zoo.
Savannah isn't too impressed with the giraffes
The monkeys, on the other hand, were entertaining.
checking out the elephants
they were pretty cool

Saturday night we met up with an old high school friend of mine that I hadn't seen in 11 years.  We finally got to introduce Savannah and Winn (they were born 4 days apart), and I think Savannah is quite smitten with the little man :)

"Back off ladies! He's all mine!!"
"Stop holding me back, Mom! I'm gonna get him!"
"Winn, I'm over here!"

After our late date night, we decided to sleep in, lounge around in our pjs, and watch cartoons.

You can see that Savannah has control of the remote.

After our lazy morning, we got dressed and headed out to the Nascar Hall of Fame.  No, we're not really fans but our hotel gave us free tickets and since my parents are such nascar fanatics, we felt like we had to go.

"I can't believe we're going in there!"
"SOOOOOO BORING!"
"I can drive one of those!"
"Close the door, Mom! Let's go!"
"I would demand a more comfy seat."


And of course, what out-of-town trip is complete without a trip to the local mall?!  Yes, after the Nascar stop and a quick nap, we went to the mall for a yummy lunch at Smith & Wollenskys.  I was hoping after filling Savannah up she would take another nap on the way home but that didn't happen.  But surprisingly she was very good and once 4:00 rolled around----ice cream break!!!  We made it home in time for dinner and then to bed early.  It was a fun but exhausting weekend trip.  Savannah already can't wait to see little Winn again :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at her in that race car!! Love it! We had so much fun with your whole fam. Chap liked Oscar lots too, so i think that will make the" in-law" thing that much easier :) Savannah is just beautiful, give her a hug and kiss for me!!

    ReplyDelete