Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Walker turns THREE

I can't believe my baby boy turned three!  My sweet, calm, laid back little man is now a holy terror.  He sailed right past the terrible twos and dove head first into the tumultuous threes.  It actually started the week before his birthday.  He broke things left and right, fought more than usual with his sister, and acquired a few more bumps and bruises.  It was like the little boy that I used to have had been replaced with a little devilish child.  I'm hoping this is just a temporary phase that will pass faster than any previous phase.  Otherwise my house and my sanity may not survive.
Walker's 3 year milestones:
~ he is still an amazing sleeper.  Normally takes a nap every afternoon.  Still loves sleeping in his crib and has never tried to climb out of it.  We have ordered his big boy bunk bed but I'm in no rush to move him into it just yet.
~he is still a terrible eater.  Actually I worded that wrong.  He eats a lot, he just doesn't eat a variety of foods especially healthy foods.  He loves snacks and pizza and waffles/pancakes and yogurt.  And that's about it.  Except for sweets.  He definitely inherited his mama's sweet tooth so he loves anything chocolate.
~he is still obsessed with trains.  He also has a newfound interest in Toy Story.  And of course he loves anything his sister likes.
~he really enjoys school.  He may not like going but once he is there and I leave, he has a great time. About two months into the school year, he started getting really shy and clingy to me at drop off but his teachers say that he quickly warms up and the tears stop once I'm out of sight.
~I thought his speech was on par with his peers but the pediatrician has suggested that he have a formal speech evaluation so it's back to Mrs. Anne we go.
~also the pediatrician suggested we go in for an eye exam.  I'll update on that once we actually go.
~his grose motor skills are right on track.  He can run, jump, walk backwards (his new favorite), kick, throw, climb, and pretty much get into any and every thing.
~he had his first ear infection since the tubes were put in back in November.  Let's hope we're not back to having those regularly.
~he's still working on potty training.  He does very well at school and will go when the teachers prompt him but at home he is much too busy to stop and go potty.  I may have to start intervening soon.
~he still fights, bites, pinches, and hits his sister but I think he's mostly defending himself from her.  She has a way of antagonizing him and pushes his buttons to the point where he has to fight her off.  Thankfully he's gotten much better at school and I haven't gotten a bad report in a couple of months.
~his current favorites: food--Clif jr bars; drink--chocolate milk; tv show--PJ Masks; movie--Planes Fire and Rescue; toys--trains; color--blue; place to eat out--Chick-fil-a (aka Chickalay); way to waste time--watching Youtube videos
~at 3 years old he weighs 35 pounds and is 34 and 7/8 inches tall.  He wears a size 3t-4t in clothes and a size 8 1/2-9 in shoes.

I can't believe how much he has changed in one short year.  The following pictures show him as a newly turned two year old all the way to his third birthday.  He has lost so much of his babyness and is really starting to look like a little boy.  I don't know what I'll do when he loses those squishy cheeks!
at first dentist appointment
he loves wearing Savannah's purple princess dresses
last day of PMO 
he could eat an entire pizza by the pool every day all summer long
we found a local train that he loves to hang out near
first days of 2-year preschool
I love receiving text pics like these from his teacher
my little boy witch
fire truck school costume
celebrating his birthday at school
He had already celebrated his birthday twice at both preschools with 2 different cookie cakes before his actual birthday on Friday.  And on his real birthday he woke up before the sunrise and couldn't wait to open his gifts.  There had been Christmas presents had been under the tree for a couple of weeks taunting him and he couldn't quite understand why he was allowed to open some presents but not others.  I spent the next week before Christmas fighting him off the other gifts.  
cake #3 was his favorite
His party was held the following day at Chapel Hill Gymnastics, the same place Savannah had her third birthday party.  The decorations were based around a construction zone theme because other than trains, diggers are his favorite things.  We had about 12 kids attend and considering the time of year, that was a great turnout.  He had such a wonderful time playing with his friends on the trampoline and in the foam pit.  
I really can't believe it's been three years since this little man came into our lives.  He has been my baby boy and my special little guy every since I first held him.  Yes, I probably carry him too much even today and yes, I'm sure I baby him more than I ever did Savannah in every possible way.  And I'm sure he gets away with more than I ever thought I would allow, but he is my baby still.  And "I'll love (him) forever. I'll like (him) for always. As long as I'm living, my baby (he'll) be." Happy 3rd birthday my little Walker-man!

No comments:

Post a Comment