Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Friday, August 29, 2014

WEA 20 Months

So long teen months.....Walker is now 20 months old....sniff sniff!  He really is becoming a big boy and less and less like a baby.  Makes me sooooo sad!  But I do love watching him grow, try new things, and becoming his own special little person.  
this sweet face melts my heart
What happened to all those baby rolls??!!
Walker's 20 Month Milestones/Achievements/Random tidbits: 
~his top two canine teeth have finally fully come in.
~he is wearing size 6 diapers.....I didn't even know they made size 6!!  Savannah's last size was a 5.  
~he can do a small jump and he can run, especially when being chased.  
~he is very independent when it comes to eating.  He has to feed himself or he won't eat at all.  This has made mealtimes very messy.  
~his favorites are: trains, trucks, birds, dogs, Special Agent Oso, Olaf the snowman, Mickey Mouse, cooking and kitchen tools, the books Snuggle Puppy and The Rainbow Fish, and simply playing outside.
~he loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses.   
~he still loves to get into everything and he prefers things that are not his own.  This leads to constant fighting between him and Savannah.
~he is always getting dirty.  I don't know how it happens but as soon as he has on clean clothes and I turn my back, they're dirty again.  How does dirt just appear like that??!!
~he's still a picky little eater.  He prefers yogurt, cheese, fruit purees, hot dogs, bologna, grapes, crackers, waffles (usually multiple times a day), ice cream cones, chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza, and milk.   

mowing the neighborhood
his new favorite snack: cashews
we finally found the ram at Trader Joe's!
notice something different?? I gave him a haircut!
his new buddy Jasper
playing telephone with Daddy
Surprise!!
cuddle time
at Barnes and Noble with Olaf
On Friday, August 15 I took Walker to UNC Children's Hospital to have tubes put into his ears.  He was such a trooper considering he wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything until after the procedure and I had to wake him up extra early to be at the hospital by 7am.  His doctor said that his ears were some of the worst she has seen especially during the summer months.  Apparently ear infections occur mostly in the cooler months.  I didn't even know that he currently had an infection.  Poor little guy is so used to having pain in his ears that he doesn't even act differently than when he is pain-free.  I'm so glad he finally had this procedure done.  Let's hope and pray for smoother days ahead.  
waiting in the pre-op room
not happy about wearing the hospital gown
he looked so tiny
passing the time while waiting for the doctor
passed out in the recovery room
a little treat after leaving the hospital
after the procedure he had his best nap ever!
I really can't believe how fast he's growing!  And I can't believe that I'm already starting to think about his second birthday.  It's all happening way to fast!  I really do love the little toddler boy that he is becoming.  He's so funny.  He does the craziest things that just crack us all up.  He even makes himself laugh which is the funniest thing ever!  He's also so sweet.  He blows kisses and waves goodbye to any and every one.  And he's always willing to give a kiss and a hug to his family and furry four-legged friends.  And even though he's becoming more independent every day, he still prefers for me to carry him around and to hold him most of the time.  And yes he is very big and very heavy but I'll carry him for as long as he'll let me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment