Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, February 24, 2014

WEA at 14 Months

I can't believe I'm thinking this but I really think that this past month slowly crept by.  Normally the months fly by in the blink of an eye but this one really went by super slow.  Maybe because January and February are such cold, dreary months and there's not much going on.  Oh well, I'll take a slow month anytime if it means I can keep my babies little just a little bit longer.  
Walker is really becoming his own little individual self.  For the most part he is very laid-back and easy going, but he won't hesitate to voice his displeasure if you don't give him what he wants.  There have been many battle of wills between him and his sister lately.  Both are totally stubborn so I've been playing referee quite a bit.    

WEA's 14 month milestones/achievements/random tidbits:
~he waves bye-bye quite frequently
~he just started clapping his hands but but it's very infrequently
~without any instructions he is able to get off a bed/sofa/any raised platform feet first.  It took a long time for S to not go head first so this was a shocking advancement on his part.  
~he can build small towers with big blocks but his favorite thing to do is knock over other peoples' towers.
~he LOVES to have his books read to him.  He is always bringing me a book--usually the same 2 books but that's okay :)  
~oftentimes when he is feeling tired he will grab my hand, lead me to the stairs, and direct me to the rocking chair in his room.  He may not always go to sleep but I think he likes the quiet time when we read and rock.  
~he walks 100% of the time and he is getting faster and faster.
~he is definitely a little boy.  He loves to find the puddles outside and stomp in them.  A little bit of mud doesn't faze him.  Unfortunately that means that he has to change clothes about 3 times a day.
~he is super possessive/protective of his mama.  I've been having a lot of neck pain the past couple of weeks and whenever Oscar massages my shoulders, W gets upset and pushes his hands off of me.  It's sooo funny and sooo cute!!  Love this little man!!
~he is so good about cleaning up.  Let me clarify.....at home or at his music/art class when we say "time to clean up" whatever he is currently holding he will put it back in it's proper place without a fuss.  Most of the other babies object to having to get rid of their toy/shaker/drum/etc but not Walker. He will walk over to the proper bin and drop his item into it.  But just because he knows how to "clean up" doesn't mean he's any less likely to make a mess.  This boy can destroy the house in no time!  He's like a little tornado and nothing in his path is safe.    
~he is still proving to be a great eater.  As long as I'm eating it, he will try it.  Although he definitely favors fruits over vegetables (not surprising).
~naps are still a battle every day.  Some days it's an early nap and some days it's a late afternoon nap.  And they can range from an hour and 15 minutes to two hours long.  I'm starting to think that just can't produce a child that needs a lot of sleep.  Oh well, at least he sleeps through the night regularly.    
~we have finally achieved gym going success!!  I am able to drop him off in childcare with hardly a fuss.  I still haven't tried the stay-and-play at the wellness center but he's doing great at the country club.  The young girl who watches the kids says that "he is the sweetest little baby and he is always wanting to walk around and hold (her) hand".   
~he now has 11 teeth and his fourth molar should be fully in within the week. 
~he is really starting to thin out.  When I look at him now, I can barely see his rolls.  Most people would still say that he "big", "stalky", "solid", etc. but to me he's shrinking away.  I'm even convinced that he's lost a little bit of weight.  I mean, I should know since I'm the one who carries him all the time :) We'll find out at his doctors appointment next month.  
~he is still the most cuddly and lovable little guy around----always crawling up in my lap and giving kisses.  Oh, be still my heart :) 
just look at that sweet face
all smiles during music class
all those snow days must have made him antsy--time for a run!
finally they each have their own chair
"the terror" in action
just out for a joy ride
"excuse me! coming through! gotta get some groceries!"
swinging and waving
This has really been one of my favorite months.  Walker is growing into quite the adventurous, curious toddler and yet at the same time he is still such a sweet, sensitive, cuddly baby.  Also, he is such a smart little guy.  He is always observing and you can tell that he's really taking everything in and processing it all.  I can't wait to see what all he learns in the upcoming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment