Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Big Girl Savannah

It's been awhile since I've done a Savannah update and it seems that she's getting bigger and bigger everyday.  In the past couple of months she's done all sorts of big girl things.  First up, at the end of August she attended a morning summer camp at her future preschool.  The first two days were a little rough at drop off (crying, pleading, begging, clinging) but within 5 minutes of my departure she had totally calmed down and had started playing.  By Friday she was skipping into the classroom and giving me a kiss goodbye.  
She's showing me the cubby where she keeps her stuff.
Now she's telling me no more pictures and get out!
On August 27 she had her very first ballet/creative movement class.  Recently she was become very interested in Angelina Ballerina so I thought she would love taking this class.  Honestly I think I was way more excited about this than she was.  This was also her first drop off class.....meaning no more mommy and me classes---woohoo!  Thankfully there were no tears and she was only mildly clingy for a couple of minutes.  Once class got going she quickly joined in but she wasn't too thrilled about taking her shoes off.  Finally with 15 minutes left to class, she removed her shoes.  I was able to peek in at her through a small opening in a window so I could get a few pictures.  She was so excited to see the pictures after class and now she asks me to take some every week.  That's also how she confirms that I'm not leaving her there alone.  I'm hoping she continues to enjoy dance class because I've had visions of attending dance recitals since the day I found out I was having a baby girl :)  
my beautiful little ballerina
2nd class and she's following directions
apparently she follows directions only until she's bored and then she does her own thing
Savannah officially started preschool on Thursday, September 7.  No tears yet again!  I think it helped that she had become somewhat familiar with the school and the playground as a result of camp.  Her teachers are Mrs. Woods and Mrs. Pate who both have been at the school for years and years.  From what I can tell she seems to really be enjoying school.  She may not be leaping out of bed to go, usually I have to wake her sleepy head up, but she's been very agreeable getting dressed and out the door.
My attempt to start a tradition of taking her picture on the first day of each school year--as you can see she wasn't very cooperative.  In fact she refused to stand still under the sign. 
on the way to school. "no pictures, get away!!!!"
walking to her class
at pick up
I can't believe how big my sweet girl is getting.  And I can't believe I'm already having to plan her 3rd birthday party.  Time is going by way too fast.  And just think....in less than 3 months we'll be starting all over with our little guy.    
Next up she will be attending her first wedding this Sunday.  I pray that the bride didn't make a mistake in inviting us.  We'll see.....







No comments:

Post a Comment