Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, December 14, 2009

First Blog

So I've decided to finally go with the masses and create a blog.  I'm really not sure what the purpose of this is other than to just spill all the boring details of my days to whomever wants to read this.  

So to give you a little background about me.....I currently live in Brooklyn, New York with my husband, Oscar, and our five-week old daughter, Savannah.  Up until Savannah arrived I was working as a preschool teacher at a local early enrichment center but now I'm enjoying all that comes with being a stay-at-home wife/mother.  My days aren't always the most exciting but they are definitely the most fulfilling.  I've never experienced a joy that even compares to the joy of being a mother.  I look at my little girl and I am constantly amazed that she came from me!!  Of course I can't take all the credit--my husband did have a little to do with it. 

We're in the middle of all the holiday festivities right now and Oscar and I have really enjoyed re-experiencing NYC at Christmas time with little Savannah.  This past weekend, we took her to see the world's most famous Santa at the Macy's Herald Square.
 It was definitely the most impressive Santa display I've ever been through.  Savannah slept through most of the North Pole trail but she woke up just in time to tell Santa her wish list.  I think she's already asking for baby dolls and Barbies :)  Then we went to see the Rockefeller tree.  For some reason it didn't seem as impressive this year as past years.  Maybe I'm just over the massive crowds that always seem to gather around that area.   

Our little family is getting ready for our big move back down south (well back for me but first time for Oscar and Savannah).  We are building our first home in Chapel Hill where we are looking forward to living the suburbia lifestyle.  New York has been great but it's time to go.  We're ready for the slower and calmer days that the south will bring.  Plus it will be nice for me to be closer to where I grew up......where the people are nice, polite, and normal :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment